Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

Old May 6th 2008, 8:18 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

Originally Posted by skyturner
tried the online quote.......................£7,500!!!!! I paid £13,000 12mnths ago and believe it to be worth £10,000, the car is mint, young and very low mileage, Gonna stick out and try private and auto trader then finally ebay...but no way am I lettng it go for £7,500 for them to make a fat profit!:curse:
We put ours on ebay last year and sold for £500 for what we paid for it
We just then picked cheap cars up and will sell on ebay before we go
Old May 6th 2008, 8:00 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsDV
Just wanted to say thanks for this info. I just filled in the details for my car (2 mins) and got an immediate quote - only marginally less that I paid for my car a year ago! I will definitely use them, seems like all of the money, none of the hassle!
Just wondering - are your cars worth a bit? like thousands rather than hundreds?
Old May 6th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Just wondering - are your cars worth a bit? like thousands rather than hundreds?
If mine was worth an awful lot, I may have looked at other options - it's a little run around, about £2.5k
Old May 6th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Same here, mine was a runaround worth around £3500 webuyanycar.com gave us more though. It maybe the higher the cars value the less they give you proportionally. My guess is the cars they buy are sold to people with poor credit etc and so they make money on the finance??? In which case the price of the car being purchased might be in a certain price range. Just a guess, I don't know for sure.