Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

Old May 3rd 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of
Default For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

...and you have a car to sell.

We were really surprised tonight! We had a quote to buy our car from webuyanycar.com we had been told to be prepared to be knocked down in price by at least 20%...but we got there and were offered the full quoted price!! Quite a shock I can tell you, we got more with them than we would have advertised it for privately

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is trying to sell

Julie
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:09 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those who are in their last weeks in the UK...

That's good!

I threw in my car with the house! ......
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
That's good!

I threw in my car with the house! ......
I drove mine to the airport took the plates off and brought them with me.
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
I drove mine to the airport took the plates off and brought them with me.
A cousin of mine while on a BUNAC summer in the Catskills of NY bought an old wreck of a car, and left it at Kennedy Airport on the top deck of the parking garage with the lights on and engine running (after removing the identification codes on it).
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhodeys

We were really surprised tonight! We had a quote to buy our car from webuyanycar.com we had been told to be prepared to be knocked down in price by at least 20%...but we got there and were offered the full quoted price!! Quite a shock I can tell you, we got more with them than we would have advertised it for privately

Julie
We used these guys too at their Rochdale depot. We were staying at Manchester airport the night before our flight and my OH drove up to Rochdale and taxied back to airport but I had to stay at the hotel with our two dogs. He drove off laughing his head off at me standing in the carpark crying saying goodbye to our very last thing we owned in the UK

MEN:curse:
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I used this company to sell my Renault Megane still miss her today got more than the local Renault garage offered me but she was only 12 months old

Gaynor
x
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

hippy chick is an unknown quantity at this point

i have asked a family member to take us to the airport in our car, then sell it for us and bank the money!
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:56 pm
From here to....somewhere

manchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nice

Thanks for the heads up Rhodeys. We were wondering what to do with ours
Maybe I should give it a clean first..... it's looking a bit like a skip at the moment
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

spanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rhodeys

Julie
Thanks for sharing this with us. We are in the process of cleaning our car to sell it via the local newspaper but will definetely check out that option before we go any further with advertising.

That's what I love about this site. Real good info right when you need it.
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

I placed mine in the bargain pages and sold it the same day
Old May 4th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say thanks for this info. I just filled in the details for my car (2 mins) and got an immediate quote - only marginally less that I paid for my car a year ago! I will definitely use them, seems like all of the money, none of the hassle!
Old May 4th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Happy to share any info we can, it's nice to have been of use

Good Luck with the car sales!
Old May 5th 2008, 1:58 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

i think leaving ours at the airport maybe a good idea
thankfully we got rid of the two good cars last year just before they brought in the 4x4 thing and now the cheap cars are worth owt

Probably get more from friends for scrap, o well, thanks for link
Old May 5th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice

selling our car turned out to be the worst headache. It was a huge volvo estate thing which was beautiful but lost loads of money in depreciation. We were using it right up to the last few weeks, couldn't shift it anyways. Tried Autotrader (weirdos calling from Nigeria!) and local rag, friends dealership and in the end some 4 months after we landed in Canada I sold (second try) on ebay.co.uk at about 1800 pounds below asking price. Only now just finished off last car loan payment!!! Sickening but life, hey ho, cars a waste of money:curse:
Old May 5th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by fedupwithwaiting
selling our car turned out to be the worst headache. It was a huge volvo estate thing which was beautiful but lost loads of money in depreciation. We were using it right up to the last few weeks, couldn't shift it anyways. Tried Autotrader (weirdos calling from Nigeria!) and local rag, friends dealership and in the end some 4 months after we landed in Canada I sold (second try) on ebay.co.uk at about 1800 pounds below asking price. Only now just finished off last car loan payment!!! Sickening but life, hey ho, cars a waste of money:curse:

tried the online quote.......................£7,500!!!!! I paid £13,000 12mnths ago and believe it to be worth £10,000, the car is mint, young and very low mileage, Gonna stick out and try private and auto trader then finally ebay...but no way am I lettng it go for £7,500 for them to make a fat profit!:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.