Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Canada

Thinking of moving to Canada

Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:34 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Canada

If you PM someone with less than 3 posts they cant receive them

Hope that helps
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamie123
did you pm them ?
cheers sue
Yes. No reply yet.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Jilly345 has a spectacular aura aboutJilly345 has a spectacular aura aboutJilly345 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Sue,

I PM them, hope they come back. It's not that us new comers mean to upset and offend older members of BE, we are just a bit nieve and still learning me thinks

Jilly
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilly345
Hi Sue,

I PM them, hope they come back. It's not that us new comers mean to upset and offend older members of BE, we are just a bit nieve and still learning me thinks

Jilly
Hi Jilly just sent you a pm sorry i was asleep when yours came (light weight )

I agree Jilly i think we are just so overwhelmed by finding so many people in the same boat as us, i didn't even see the " READ ME FIRST " just wanted to talk to someone, hope they come back,

cheers sue
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
If you PM someone with less than 3 posts they cant receive them

Hope that helps
I didn't know that....did anyone else know that?......should I have used the search function?

Anyway, I have emailed them. Does this get around that problem?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:22 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

I must admit 700+ posts later i do try and keep away from the new section or advise new ones to read the wiki

Hubby joined a few weeks ago and i sent him a PM, he told me that he wasnt allowed to read it until he got to 3 posts, try sending them a email rather than a PM

Judy has been on here along time, very helpful to me and millions more, but i do think when you sign up you should be directed to the wiki articles, would of saved me sometime in the mean time
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:23 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I've just added up the Wiki articles that I've written, and even I'm surprised to discover that the total comes to 55. They are:
  1. Abbreviations and Acronyms
  2. Alberta Health
  3. Annual Leave
  4. Arrival To Do List
  5. Bed Sizes
  6. Business Class Immigration
  7. Calgary [neighbourhoods]
  8. Calgary Schooling
  9. Canada versus Australia
  10. Canadian Immigration Overview
  11. Canadian Schooling
  12. Careers in Canada [overview]
  13. Children
  14. Cost of Living
  15. Create Wiki Page
  16. Criminal Rehabilitation
  17. Departure To Do List (copied from a fabulous post)
  18. Equivalency of Qualifications
  19. Family Class Immigration
  20. Finding Job Opportunities
  21. Getting into Canada quickly
  22. Goods To Follow
  23. Hiring Culture
  24. Holidays and Festivals
  25. Housing
  26. Immigration Consultants
  27. Information Technology Workers
  28. Job Hunting Closure
  29. Job Interview
  30. Medical and Dental Treatment
  31. Medical Insurance
  32. Money
  33. Networking
  34. Newcomers to the forum
  35. Occupations under Pressure
  36. Ottawa (great contributions from others after I started it)
  37. Permanent Residence Visas
  38. Provincial Nomination
  39. Quebec Selected Immigration
  40. Regions of Canada
  41. Renting
  42. Residency Obligations
  43. Resume and Letter (resume part from me, letter part largely from someone else)
  44. Retiring in Canada
  45. Salaries
  46. Saying Thank You
  47. Skilled Trades
  48. Skilled Worker Immigration
  49. Student Visas
  50. Tips on using the forum
  51. Transporting Pets (with contributions from others)
  52. Truck Driving in Canada (with many excellent contributions from others)
  53. Whitehorse (copied and pasted from someone else’s post on the forum)
  54. Work Permits
  55. Work Permits for Children
This does not count articles that I created in case people used another term to look for a topic, e.g., the article entitled "Qualifications" merely refers the reader to the article entitled "Equivalency of Qualifications."

And now I'm going to take a break from BE (am still planning to attend the get together at ann m's house, though).

I'm not proud of myself for being rude and, as I myself said in the article called "Tips on using the forum," when you feel yourself getting hot under the collar, consider taking a break from the forum.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:38 pm

Pleeeeeeeeese dont go judy

You have been a help to us all on here, we cant survive without your helpful advise

We cant answer the questions that you can, i will have to start a petition to keep you if you disapear

Gill
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Jamesandjack is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Thankyou to those who have replied to my post on here and by email, I really do appreciate your messages and advice. I can`t view PM`s yet until I have 3 posts. I am not a troll or dodgy. I am genuine young lady who is looking for advice on emigrating to Canada with my family, which is big step to take in most people lives and want to make sure that I have done my research and get first hand experiences from people who have done it and or in the process of doing it. I will read the information people have posted thankyou. A bit about my family.

I am 30 my husband 32
Two boys nearly 4 and 18 months
I was a Team Manager for Mobile company for 12 years - quit to be a SAHM as could not get flexible hours.

Husband is Mechanical Engineer for a Petrochemicals Company for 16 years, served apprenticeship from leaving school.

We would qualify to emigrate, but undecided whether to go for PR or Temp work permit.

Regards

Andrea
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou Judy for you Wiki`s they are really helpful, it`s really appreciated

Many Thanks

Andrea
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:53 pm

Hi andrea

Welcome back, you will need to look into the mech/eng side of it.
Some trade needs a license to work, others need to be regisitered.

Best way round is to use google.ca for the job side and also check out the job search.
On wiki there is a section on job searching and ofcourse changing your cv to a resume for the canadian job market.

Work Permit is quicker, skilled worker with PR currently 5yrs and rising every second (well seems like every second )

We are a friendly bunch on here honest, The best way to check an area out is to take a recci there, lots of people move to different area of canada, what someone loves isnt anothers love

There is a search button at the top, have a look at what others have said on the area, hope that helps
Gill
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:57 pm

this may help

http://www.transalta.com/transalta/w...9?OpenDocument

OH (other half) has advised that jobs maybe easier for your hubby in alberta, but this company seem to be taking on

Gill
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link it is really helpful

Regards

Andrea
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesandjack
Hi,

Thankyou to those who have replied to my post on here and by email, I really do appreciate your messages and advice. I can`t view PM`s yet until I have 3 posts. I am not a troll or dodgy. I am genuine young lady who is looking for advice on emigrating to Canada with my family, which is big step to take in most people lives and want to make sure that I have done my research and get first hand experiences from people who have done it and or in the process of doing it. I will read the information people have posted thankyou. A bit about my family.

I am 30 my husband 32
Two boys nearly 4 and 18 months
I was a Team Manager for Mobile company for 12 years - quit to be a SAHM as could not get flexible hours.

Husband is Mechanical Engineer for a Petrochemicals Company for 16 years, served apprenticeship from leaving school.

We would qualify to emigrate, but undecided whether to go for PR or Temp work permit.

Regards

Andrea
Hi Andrea, Big welcome back, there are a few of us newbies on here more join every day, Where are you thinking of in ca, There are lots of really helpful pepes on here so ask away,

cheers sue
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

We are thinking of Nova Scotia, it seems like an up and coming place, alot of oil industry jobs for my hubby x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.