Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

They left me with bugger all!!!!

They left me with bugger all!!!!

Old May 25th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default They left me with bugger all!!!!

Well Thank goodness thats all over with.....The removals have finally lifted packed and wrapped everything, and all we are left with are some odds and sods.

We decided in the end to use a firm called Whites, At the moment I can't complain about the service, it has been top notch.

I also took the advice given to me with regards to our electrical goods, and put fliers around the neighbourhood etc....and we've basically got rid of most of our goods, so thanks guys.

Now just basically waiting for our eldest to complete his exams, then we're off...a new life to look forward to, and a new house to admire.No job to go to yet, but I guess something will turn up...Not really bothered what I do to start off with as I've resigned myself to starting at the bottom again, should be relatively easy all i've got to do is imagine that I'm 18 again.

Anyway guys I'll keep you posted and I'll post some pictures of our new life soon.

Good luck to you ALL.
Regards
Frankieforehead

p.s. It's been really ****** stressful.
Old May 25th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: They left me with bugger all!!!!

Good luck you lucky b*gg*r. I'm so jealous of your time line for this year - can't work out why ours appears to have stalled. Enjoy Canada!!!
Old May 25th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see the pictures of Cochrane
Old May 25th 2005, 4:02 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

May I be the first to wish you all the very best. You must have a real mixture of feelings at the moment seeing your British life all packed up like that.
You are obviously a great optimist and will make things work for you and your family.
I'll have a beer in your honour whilst watching the footie tonight!

Cheers, Tim
Old May 25th 2005, 4:04 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Crispie
May I be the first to wish you all the very best. You must have a real mixture of feelings at the moment seeing your British life all packed up like that.
You are obviously a great optimist and will make things work for you and your family.
I'll have a beer in your honour whilst watching the footie tonight!

Cheers, Tim
So much for being first
Typical
Old May 25th 2005, 4:30 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
.No job to go to yet, but I guess something will turn up...Not really bothered what I do to start off with as I've resigned myself to starting at the bottom again, should be relatively easy all i've got to do is imagine that I'm 18 again.

> Just think, so much less stress and aggro !!!!

Enjoy, chill, do stuff,

Rich.
Old May 25th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road

You have the hard part done ...... sit back and sip the bubbles

Congrats

Originally Posted by Rich_007
> Just think, so much less stress and aggro !!!!

Enjoy, chill, do stuff,

Rich.
Old May 25th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

nubbslad will become famous soon enough

Well Thank goodness thats all over with.....The removals have finally lifted packed and wrapped everything, and all we are left with are some odds and sods.

We decided in the end to use a firm called Whites, At the moment I can't complain about the service, it has been top notch.

I also took the advice given to me with regards to our electrical goods, and put fliers around the neighbourhood etc....and we've basically got rid of most of our goods, so thanks guys.

Now just basically waiting for our eldest to complete his exams, then we're off...a new life to look forward to, and a new house to admire.No job to go to yet, but I guess something will turn up...Not really bothered what I do to start off with as I've resigned myself to starting at the bottom again, should be relatively easy all i've got to do is imagine that I'm 18 again.

Anyway guys I'll keep you posted and I'll post some pictures of our new life soon.

Good luck to you ALL.
Regards
Frankieforehead

Hi Frankie
Good Luck to you, looking forward to your posts from the other side
Nicki
Old May 25th 2005, 5:07 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Frankie my man

When you land make sure you get yer ass back on here for some good positive feedback.

Anyway I wish you all the best in your impending move and I do hope it all goes well for you

All ra best matey

Eddie
Old May 25th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Frankie!

Let us all know how you get on in Cochrane and please post some piccies ..... Gotta have something to keep me going while we wait to get things sorted here.

Take care.
Old May 25th 2005, 6:22 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

I hope you still have a TV for the game tonight!! If you think packing is stressful, try being a Liverpool supporter!!

I can only wish you all every success in the world....may you find everything you are looking for, and then some!!!

Very best wishes,

Scouse
Old May 25th 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scouse
I hope you still have a TV for the game tonight!! If you think packing is stressful, try being a Liverpool supporter!!

I can only wish you all every success in the world....may you find everything you are looking for, and then some!!!

Very best wishes,

Scouse
Just off round to a scouse mates house to watch it now....terrahhh lad...Fingers crossed for you guys tonite.
Old May 25th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Frankie!

Hope all goes well for you and that you and your family enjoy the new life that awaits you in Cochrane!
Old May 25th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future

Good Luck with everything.

God Bless

Sher
Old May 26th 2005, 8:32 am
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

Good luck to you ALL.
Regards
Frankieforehead

Whites are good, used them when moved to NS in 1995, you'll be fine with them. If you don't mind me asking what was the rough cost of shipping? Are you taking big items? We have Crown coming next week for a quote. Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.