Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thanks Team Expats

Thanks Team Expats

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks Team Expats

Originally Posted by keefrto
Well here we are after getting up at 0345 to Aberdeen airport, left all the luggage and cats with BMI (fantastic service) everything tagged straight through to Edmonton, to when we arrived at Edmonton 1715hrs (canada time). Then it was hard work. Went to immigration who then said go to immigration section 2 to get permits, who then took an hour to get the permits. They then said go to immigration point 3 as you have cats, who then took another 30mins to get the permits checked. GRIEF! Make sure you allow any extra time when you arrive to get yourself through immigration (at least 2hrs)

Air Canada, what can I say? They were ok, no films or radio etc as it was bust (i have 3 kids,) arrrggghhhh!!!

EVERYONE we have come across who we have spoken with from Canada has been very helpful and supportive of our move THANKS GUY'S. I am on jet lag time so excuse any spelling, off to see employer today and get SIN, etc and hopefully get mobile sim card. Am i glad to be here, oh yes!

WELCOME TO CANADA KEEFRTO'S
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:21 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Prairies
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Thats excellent news Keefrto,

Thats who I am starting with in October, so good to hear they are helpful,

Where will you be working???
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:12 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lauder99
Missing River City already
Don't be silly. No one misses that.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news, CONGRATS
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:22 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

wow exciting stuff - I remember it well! All the best and enjoy every minute, it's good to feel alive

Mrs Miggins xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fozzy33
Thats excellent news Keefrto,

Thats who I am starting with in October, so good to hear they are helpful,

Where will you be working???
Capital healthlink is my new employer. Similar kind of work to what I used to do as a Team Leader. October will be looming soon!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Thats great news, CONGRATS
Hey Sharon, how are you? Haven't heard from you for a while
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
wow exciting stuff - I remember it well! All the best and enjoy every minute, it's good to feel alive

Mrs Miggins xx
Walked about Edmonton to get our SIN, friendly lot. they don't tell you that you gotta q up and then sit around then get interviewed, wew thought it was gonna take ages. We were done and dusted within 45 mins, very pleased
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Going to rent a car today, any thoughts for a family of five on the vehicle and rental company for at least 3 weeks?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:46 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Alberta!

No real thoughts on cars ... but Dodge Caravans seem popular with ExBrit families....