Reload this Page >

Temporary work permit - Trucking in Canada

Temporary work permit - Trucking in Canada

Old May 28th 2012, 9:23 am
Just Joined

danmiclos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary work permit - Trucking in Canada

Hi,

I have read couple of threads and I need HELP.
I am looking for some information on how to obtain a temporary job work permit from some trucking companies?
I am originally from Romania, I have an international driver license and 15 years experience in long-haul driving.
Please if you can guide me and where I should start?
I have noticed the Immigration Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) program for semi-skilled worker but I had to go to square one - To obtain an employer job offer .

Do you know trucking companies who offer temporary work permit visa ?
Should I contact the trucking association? I am interested in getting a job in BC.
Renewing my license .....................
Old May 28th 2012, 10:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary work permit - Trucking in Canada

Hi, and welcome to BE.

You would need a job offer and LMO to get a TWP, best thing to do is have a look at the Trucking section of the forum where the folks there will no doubt be able to give you a few points on the companies that are currently prepared to do the LMO etc for truckers. Not sure any of them are in BC though, so you may need to look at other provinces such as SK or MB, which is where most truckers seem to head.

Good luck.