Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Temporary Accountancy Work - Toronto

Temporary Accountancy Work - Toronto

Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

pusky123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary Accountancy Work - Toronto

I feel like I'm plaguing the forum with posts and threads - sorry about that!

In the UK there are so many accountancy jobs around (in my experience) that as long as you dont price yourself out of the market you shouldnt have too much trouble finding work, even if its temporary.

Just wondered how much accountancy work is around in Toronto - I'm ACCA, my experience is largely management accountancy and to a lesser extent financial reporting, and internal and external audit if i go back to pre-history, but definitely not practice.

I'd be looking to move early December or January - how easy will it be for me to pick up work? Is Toronto the best place? And if I cant find accountancy work will i be able to get work of some sort, even if it was driving or working in a coffee shop?

Many Thanks,
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Accountancy Work - Toronto

Originally Posted by pusky123
I feel like I'm plaguing the forum with posts and threads - sorry about that!

In the UK there are so many accountancy jobs around (in my experience) that as long as you dont price yourself out of the market you shouldnt have too much trouble finding work, even if its temporary.

Just wondered how much accountancy work is around in Toronto - I'm ACCA, my experience is largely management accountancy and to a lesser extent financial reporting, and internal and external audit if i go back to pre-history, but definitely not practice.

I'd be looking to move early December or January - how easy will it be for me to pick up work? Is Toronto the best place? And if I cant find accountancy work will i be able to get work of some sort, even if it was driving or working in a coffee shop?

Many Thanks,
Do you have a work permit or residency in Canada?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Do you have a work permit or residency in Canada?
Hi Aviator,

Yes - Canadian PR

thanks,
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

And if you're ACCA, are you planning to become a Canadian CGA? Have you got a degree?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
And if you're ACCA, are you planning to become a Canadian CGA? Have you got a degree?
Hi,

Yes, I was planning to convert to CGA.

I have a degree. I understand conversion should be fairly straight forward - my only concern would be around providing a transcript of my degree course, if required - i graduated in the early 90's and my university dont have detailed records of my courses going back that far.

Ultimately I'd like to move into practice (another forum member was helping me with this subject on another thread - thanks), but in the first instance I just need to earn a crust, be that accountancy or shelf stacking.

Thank you