Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A taste of the true vancouver

A taste of the true vancouver

Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:16 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A taste of the true vancouver

Originally Posted by nursemakeyouwell
where's horseshoe bay?
Jo
Horseshoe bay is in the west of West Vancouver where the ferries go to Nanaimo and the Sunshine Coast. It is very nice. There are restaurants and bars on the bay front.

The Meridian Hotel is on Beach between Granville and Burrard. Is this the right one? If so, there is a White Spot nearby at 718 Drake Street. If we want to try something different there are plenty of other restaurants on Davie.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:47 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nursemakeyouwell
wishing you all the best for your journey - hope it all goes smoothly for you and hope to see you all at the venue we come up with, possibly whitespot on the friday - everyone keeps saying how good it is!
where's horseshoe bay?
Jo

Think Harvester with larger portions of fattier food.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:49 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

nursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nice

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Horseshoe bay is in the west of West Vancouver where the ferries go to Nanaimo and the Sunshine Coast. It is very nice. There are restaurants and bars on the bay front.

The Meridian Hotel is on Beach between Granville and Burrard. Is this the right one? If so, there is a White Spot nearby at 718 Drake Street. If we want to try something different there are plenty of other restaurants on Davie.
The meridian we are at is at 910 beach avenue, so sounds like it is the one you speak of! so that looks like a date then! 7.30 or earlier if you like, at the white spot on Drake street! Can't wait to meet up with everyone!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:44 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I could easily make it earlier. Let's see what time works for others. I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I can make earlier too
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:53 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

nursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nice

well I suppose earlier would be good for the kids - maybe 6.30?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

6.30 is fine with us
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Mayfly is an unknown quantity at this point

All going well we will make 6.30pm too !
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:56 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by Mayfly
All going well we will make 6.30pm too !
Great hope to see you all there! Just pray the arm is ok!!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:50 pm
Binned by Muderators

6.30 it is.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:54 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Shall I start a new thread advertising this momentous occasion, will the whitespot be able to accommodate more than us few?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 4:00 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Just had another thought, Do you guys know each other, or are we all just familiar with each other on this forum? If that is the case, then how will we know each other when we get to the white spot! It will have to be like those black and white movies, we'll all be carrying a newspaper with a rose in our lapel and standing under a clock, ok?!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:05 pm
Binned by Muderators

It's a good point. The only other time I have met people "blind" they were supporters of the same football club as me. You don't see many people with Crystal Palace shirts in Vancouver!

Us locals can exchange cell phone numbers nearer the time. I guess the easiest way is to wait till a few days before, when we know for sure how many people will be there, then call the White Spot to reserve a table. Then, when we arrive we can say, "we are with so and so's party", and hopefully they will show us to the right table.

However, it might be more fun if we all carried a copy of yesterday's London Times. It might be even more fun if we just try and guess who looks British.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

I need to make a trip down to the city soon (to do the dreaded Ikea thing), maybe i could schedule it for then and meet you all?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:15 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It's a good point. The only other time I have met people "blind" they were supporters of the same football club as me. You don't see many people with Crystal Palace shirts in Vancouver!

Us locals can exchange cell phone numbers nearer the time. I guess the easiest way is to wait till a few days before, when we know for sure how many people will be there, then call the White Spot to reserve a table. Then, when we arrive we can say, "we are with so and so's party", and hopefully they will show us to the right table.

However, it might be more fun if we all carried a copy of yesterday's London Times. It might be even more fun if we just try and guess who looks British.
yay!! up the Eagles!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.