Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Taking LMO To Port Of Entry

Taking LMO To Port Of Entry

Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all
Default Taking LMO To Port Of Entry

Hi All

Just another couple of questions regarding work permits.

1: Once we have got our LMO from HRSDC, do we still have to apply to London CIC, OR can we take it to Canada with us and go through all the paperwork at the port of entry.

2: Once we have the positive LMO, is there any reason that you can get turned down for the work permit (none of us have a criminal record, and we will not be working in the health service or with Children).

3: What separate paperwork do I need to fill out for a spousal work permit, and, if I need a different form can I do this at the port of entry.

4: On a recent trip, I found a full time pre-school that was willing to take my daughter if we are lucky enough to get the work permit. What form do I have to fill in for her study permit, and once again, can this be done at the port of entry.

Sorry to be a pain guys, but we want to be a prepared as we can, and don't want anything to be missed out.

Thanks All

Tracey & Ray
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking LMO To Port Of Entry

Tracey, try this thread in the Immigration forum, Andrew, Jim and PMM answer some hard ones over there.
Stuarty