Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Studying in Canada to gain PR?

Studying in Canada to gain PR?

Old Oct 31st 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Studying in Canada to gain PR?

Originally Posted by dbd33
This:

"You will have to deal with Scotiabank to deposit around 10 thousand for yearly income for yourself which they will pay back to you at 2000 every few months or so ..plus they will charge u a hefty fee for doing that. Once u have applied and sent them your funds u have little chance of hearing from this bank."

is drivel. It's drivel in the sense that it's not true and it's drivel in the sense that it's not written in coherent English. Calling it drivel is a statement of fact rather than an attack.

"perhaps you yourself offer nothing more than drivel" is a personal attack because it's not based on anything, it's just a vague assertion. I can imagine that a poster subjected to such withering prose might well have burst into tears and be hiding in the bathroom unable to reach a computer. I can only hope that he took his fags with him.
It depends on what he meant. I took it as him meaning the content of that one post and not all posts by Novocastrian. So surely he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, I've seen a lot worse than that on here without the poster being reprimanded for making a personal attack.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
I came in late to this - I would never post to say 'you or your posts are drivel' or all 'bollocks'. Although, you are vague in your claim to have some expertise in the area of 'student finances & family affairs', which doesn't appear in your profile? Would you say that you are a qualified expert in finance, sociology, career counselling, guidance?

So why not come clean & tell us more about what your 'Advocate' position involves, how you came about having your knowledge & expertise in that area & who you are employed by?

Maybe being an 'Advocate' could be a career for those that have the knowledge & expertise that you do? How does one become an 'Advocate', what are the education & experience requirements?

Only an english guy says Bollocks lol
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:12 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
This whole thread is confusing.

1/ Why on earth do you want to study in Canada?

Compared to the extra curricular activities one partakes in UK universities you would not be giving yourself the most exciting life.

2/ Why would you study things you are not interested in? You are going to run up a huge bill, probably get a crap grade and you'll unlikely find employment to pay your huge bill off?

3/ Why not get experience in something you enjoy doing or a qualification back in the UK and then come here on IEC when you have something to offer so it also assists your future career if it doesn't work out?
Excellent questions, but I fear the OP is a drive by poster who will probably never read them, nor ever post again.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shifter
Hello, I'm 20 years old, from the UK, and I'm looking to somehow get into Canada.
My 2p worth ....

why not come for a 'look & see visit', or maybe as some posters have suggested the IEC route?

Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Canada Work permit For Work Holidays for the United Kingdom| International Experience Canada

The other suggestion for you to consider going to college or university in the UK with some of that money you'd spend on coming to Canada at age 20, then once you have higher qualifications plus some experience you may likely be able to get to Canada on one of the many visa's available for skilled workers.

You have until your 31st Birthday (during age 30) to apply come to Canada on an IEC working holiday visa.

No need to rush to get here, you have time on your side.

Good luck to you
Old Oct 31st 2014, 9:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064

Only an english guy says Bollocks lol
That's cos we got balls innit!?
Old Oct 31st 2014, 10:44 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

This is more like it! A good old Friday night/afternoon ding dong! Deleted posts, crying in toilets, chain smoking, drivel (lots of it)...Great stuff - I love it; keep it up!
Old Oct 31st 2014, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colchar
Which university in Canada offers a two year course?

And why invest the time and money in a program in which you are not interested? That seems to be a prescription for failure. And since international student fees are much higher than what Canadians pay it would also be very costly.
Suppose it depends on how you define university, but there are a couple in BC that offer under 4 year programs.

Thompson Rivers University does.

University of the Fraser Valley does.

Capilano University does.

Vancouver Island University does.

I am sure there are others as well, but again all depends on how the term university is defined.