Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Struggling Here

Struggling Here

Old Dec 17th 2011, 9:45 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Struggling Here

Originally Posted by themurphyfamily
More lunacy.So our daughter committed a crime. She defrauded the bank out of $1000. It was n't a handful of whatever was by the checkout in a supermarket, it was a thousand dollars.This ex prostitute girl showed her how to commit the crime by depositing emty envelopes into the ATM machine and making withdrawls.
Here is where the lunacy comes into it.
The bank weren't originally going to press charges but after them speaking with child services they decided to go ahead. This was nearly 3 and half weeks ago. Then there was an issue as to jurastiction, RCMP or Edmonton Police Services. (it is a crime for gods sake, should it matterr who deals with it). Lunacy example no1. So when it was decidedwho was going to handle the case , they finally went to arrest and formally charge her on Thurs. Here is lunacy example no 2. Our daughter wasn't there at the time so they went. When our daughter returned back to where she is living, the police were called. Apparently they made an apptmnt to come back on Monday and arrest her. They made an apptmnt people. A chronic runaway in the eyes of the police as that was the reason they gave me when i had previously reported her missing and was the reason why they wouldn't put her on the CPIK list.
So people ,if your teen commits a crime, rest assured that the police will be jolly civilised. For Christ's sake is there ever going to be an end to this madness. These are the services your tax dollars are paying for, just so's you know.
You just couldn't make this stuff up. Incredible.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 11:59 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
You just couldn't make this stuff up. Incredible.
That and the arguing between services about whose job it is to deal with the crime. I have experienced that lunacy myself, it's really frustrating when your the victim trying to report the crime being passed from one dept to another. I really feel for the Murphy's.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

themurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud of

So i have now written to Prime Minister Harpers office. I had the generic response i expected basically telling me it was a Provincial matter, but it was a response none the less.
I have replied and am just waiting to hear back. Lets see if this makes a difference.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you get a response and some action but, tbh, I am not holding my breath.

Have you considered contacting the Alberta Government as well?

http://humanservices.alberta.ca/ Minister http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/

You could also try contacting the Premier, Alison Redford. http://alberta.ca/premier_contact.cfm

I am so sorry that you are still struggling with trying to get help... did you have any contact over Christmas with your daughter?

I hope that 2012 brings a conclusion to this terrible time for you all.

Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

themurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Struggling Here

Yes i have contacted Premier Redford.The British Embassy in Vancouver & Ottawa. Also included in the list,Dr David Swann,Harry Chase,HeatherForsyth (WildRose) .Had a meetng with theprevious Minister forChildServices.Former Health Minister Gene Zwozdesky.Mental Helth & addiction director Mark Snaterse .Raj Sherman.Mary Deacon of Bell Canada
Dr Stan Kutcher from the Global Mental Health Board.Serena Mah of CTV.
David Ewasuk of CTV.George Rogers MLA.Paula Simons of the Edmonton Journal. The new Child Sevices Minister, Dave Hancock. And the list goes on.
And you know what,it means nothing. Why? Because i have no public support.They can just write me off as a hysterical parent and they know it.
Even on here,i put the link to the web site i set up and asked people to e mail the addresses listed.Has anyone Nope.20'000 viiews and no one has bothered.
And yet if this isn't addressed,there's going to be more teen suicides,more
teens with mental health issues falling through the cracks and ending up in the hands of traffickers,paedophiles,drug dealers.More teens with mental health disorders turning to crime.Like i said,recently there was a 15 year old girl with mental health issues living in a ravine who is now hiv.
Seriously ,this post is not a script from an episode of Eastenders or Corrie.This is actually happening and one day it could be happening to any of you who have been following this post.
It could be your son or daughter and just so you know,as it stands,you will get no support from the people you pay your taxes to.
If your teen daughter ends up in some basement,beaten and gang raped or commits suicide because they were suffering from mental health issues and were vulnerable,and thats the reality,and the people you turn to refuse to intervene because of legislation,and you haven't spoken up,then your just going to have to suck it up.
I am urging you parents out there to speak up.Either through the website i have set up or look up your MLA on the web and email them.
Speak up or put up and shutup if it happens to be your son or daughter.

UOTE=siouxie;9819339]I hope you get a response and some action but, tbh, I am not holding my breath.

Have you considered contacting the Alberta Government as well?

http://humanservices.alberta.ca/ Minister http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/

You could also try contacting the Premier, Alison Redford. http://alberta.ca/premier_contact.cfm

I am so sorry that you are still struggling with trying to get help... did you have any contact over Christmas with your daughter?

I hope that 2012 brings a conclusion to this terrible time for you all.

[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand your frustration with the system, it has been a harrowing time for you and it seems that no matter who you turn to, nothing is done.

I am suprised that the police/child services won't use the legislation in place for vulnerable children - taking a child into care when they are at risk ( sex and drugs). It doesn't seem right. I am suprised that the media wasn't interested - particularly after some of them had recently done articles on child mental health issues. It seems no matter which way you turn you are hitting brick walls and I am so sorry for you.

I don't mean to sound contentious but you wouldn't know if anyone had emailed the people in the links you gave so to state that nobody is bothered or cares enough to is a bit harsh...

I hope that you get the help you and your daughter needs, and soon.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

UK BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Murphy family, i joined this website today and stumbled upon your very frightening story.
Your daughters story parrallels my step daughters diabolical story of events that took place from Vancouver, through the Kooteanys ,Calgary and to a devasting end in Spruce Grove near Edmonton in May of 2010.
I have read most of your posts on here and i applaud you for you valor and determination in fighting to save your daughters life.
I feel so helpless here not being able to help you. Family members in our case
could have done things different in some ways but it seems that you are doing so so much more to rescue your daughter.
One major point that i disagreed on in our case was that i felt we had to separate the "boyfriend' as he had total control over "E" my step daughter.
As i was am told i "not family" so to speak i was told to butt out but in the end i was one of a very few who was left to try and help and give support.
We actually had to go out on the street and BUY drugs from lowlifes because the medical services and the polisce could or would not help.
If there is still a boyfriend" or controlling figure she must be isolated from him as that is where our tragedy originated from.
My heart goes out to you and your family, i know that even after being able to rescue your beloved child it is still going to be a long road of support from you and your family and friends.
I wish in a way i could actually talk to you in case there was any one thing that could make a difference.
I was quite prepared to go to jail for kidnapping to get "E" off of the streets and to safety.
i wish you the very best to you and your family, in retrospect i wish i had made an intervention/kidnap without asking my step daughters family.
Good luck and i will be thinking of you .Best regards.. UK BOUND
Old Jan 7th 2012, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UK BOUND
Hello Murphy family, i joined this website today and stumbled upon your very frightening story.
Your daughters story parrallels my step daughters diabolical story of events that took place from Vancouver, through the Kooteanys ,Calgary and to a devasting end in Spruce Grove near Edmonton in May of 2010.
I have read most of your posts on here and i applaud you for you valor and determination in fighting to save your daughters life.
I feel so helpless here not being able to help you. Family members in our case
could have done things different in some ways but it seems that you are doing so so much more to rescue your daughter.
One major point that i disagreed on in our case was that i felt we had to separate the "boyfriend' as he had total control over "E" my step daughter.
As i was am told i "not family" so to speak i was told to butt out but in the end i was one of a very few who was left to try and help and give support.
We actually had to go out on the street and BUY drugs from lowlifes because the medical services and the polisce could or would not help.
If there is still a boyfriend" or controlling figure she must be isolated from him as that is where our tragedy originated from.
My heart goes out to you and your family, i know that even after being able to rescue your beloved child it is still going to be a long road of support from you and your family and friends.
I wish in a way i could actually talk to you in case there was any one thing that could make a difference.
I was quite prepared to go to jail for kidnapping to get "E" off of the streets and to safety.
i wish you the very best to you and your family, in retrospect i wish i had made an intervention/kidnap without asking my step daughters family.
Good luck and i will be thinking of you .Best regards.. UK BOUND
Siouxie, i make no apologies for being harsh.I think the post written by UK Bound speaks for itself .Ironically, tonight i received a phone call from this couple that our daughter is with informing us that our daughter was beaten tonight by her so called boyfriend.He is 21 and that this has been going on for the last 6 weeks.
People can do something but they choose not to because it's not happening in their back yard.
Incidently, Harry Chase who has been trying to advocate on our behalf has reported no response from the website or indeed any of the other MLA's listed.
All i'm asking for is for people to voice their opinion at the injustice
of this legislation where young people with mental health issues (and i mean minors, 18 and under) are not being protected.
Three years ago, child services workers had the power to intervene.That was taken away. That piece of legislation was taken out.So now there is nothing.When you as parents have done all you can and when you have been fortunate to have a child services worker involved and they have done all they can and still your child is presenting as a danger to themselves,thats it.There is no more.Because of this lunatic legislation.And yes i am talking about minors under the age of 18 ,the retoric you will hear from your case worker (if you get one that is,because legislation states that unless you as the parent are abusing or neglecting your child,they can't get involved) is we just have to hope.And as i said to the director of child services,we as parents can do the hoping but i don't expect a government run department paid for by taxpayers to be solely reliant on hope.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

UK BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Murphy family, for some reason i cannot find your website details, please could you point me to it.
Even though i am having to deal with my own crisis(moving back to UK is only option) i will get on your site and put out as much as i can to help you and others in this situation.
Hoping that your family crisis is soon solved in a positive way.
Don't forget that those closest to you will and may have already struck out with harsh words that are not meant, keep in mind it is only natural under these terrible circumstances, keep your family members and friends close and do not let this experience destroy your relationships.
I sadly speak from experience.
please excuse me if it sounds like i am preaching, i am not.
Be strong!!!!

Thinking of you, best of luck.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

http://https.nowisthetimeforchange.net/

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Please make your voice heard by e mailing the above links
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Our daughter was beaten on Friday by her 21 year old boyfriend in the basement of the couple our daughter has been left with by child services.
Apparently the husband had to pull him off and it seems this has been going on for the last 6 weeks.

I implore anyone who is following our story to email the links i have posted.
I have tried everything i can think off. Please if you have a heart, tell them this is wrong
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:04 am
Banned

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is suffering again, this time at the hands of her boyfriend. I am shocked that the 'family' she is living with didn't call the police.. surely they can see she is at risk? I suppose they probably only listen to her story and don't think of the actual reality of the situation. Sad times.

What happened about her theft from the bank?

Be assured I have already emailed several people, including Alberta Govt.

Is she associating with known drug dealers or prostitutes? If she is, could you use the legislation that is in place for children (minors) that are at risk?

http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/doc...l_Brochure.pdf

Apologies if you have already tried this route.. just grasping at straws.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately Siouxie, she has already been with drug dealers and traffickers as Child Services stated in the court documents when aquiring a secure order. Please accept my thanks for the emails that you have sent.
I indeed have written again to Stephen Harper this evening.

Dear Mr Harper,following my previous emails, you should be aware that our Daughter was physically beaten on Friday 6 Jan by her 21 year old boyfriend in the basement of the couple that Child Services have seen fit to leave her with. As previously stated, a couple who are not foster parents or indeed adoptive parents with all the checks that being an adoptive or a foster parent entails.
These people are ill equipped to deal with our daughter’s mental health and emotional issues and yet she is still there. A reminder of the issues that our daughter has include Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,Reactive Attachment Disorder,ADHD,Borderline Personality Traits,Oppositional Defiance Disorder and possibly FASD.
Having recently nearly lost our Daughter in a car accident, i again find myself fearing for her life.
It is not hard to see how teenagers with mental health issues end up living (if they get to live at all) tragic lives if the lack of action that we have encountered is anything to go by.
The clock is ticking for our daughter Sir. Are you going to let yet another teenage age life end because of the legislation we have here in Alberta.
I hope that this is not falling on deaf ears Mr Harper, and that you will intervene and look at the causes that have led us to this point.
Ours is by far not an isolated case as there are all to many parents finding themselves without anywhere to go.
You have children Mr Harper and as a parent you would move heaven and earth to help them. I am just the same.
This has gone on far to long.
Regards

Twenty four thousand people have viewd this post. Even if just half sent an e mail, the government of Alberta would have to listen.
Regards
the murphy family
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:59 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themurphyfamily
Unfortunately Siouxie, she has already been with drug dealers and traffickers as Child Services stated in the court documents when aquiring a secure order. Please accept my thanks for the emails that you have sent.
I indeed have written again to Stephen Harper this evening.

Dear Mr Harper,following my previous emails, you should be aware that our Daughter was physically beaten on Friday 6 Jan by her 21 year old boyfriend in the basement of the couple that Child Services have seen fit to leave her with. As previously stated, a couple who are not foster parents or indeed adoptive parents with all the checks that being an adoptive or a foster parent entails.
These people are ill equipped to deal with our daughter’s mental health and emotional issues and yet she is still there. A reminder of the issues that our daughter has include Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,Reactive Attachment Disorder,ADHD,Borderline Personality Traits,Oppositional Defiance Disorder and possibly FASD.
Having recently nearly lost our Daughter in a car accident, i again find myself fearing for her life.
It is not hard to see how teenagers with mental health issues end up living (if they get to live at all) tragic lives if the lack of action that we have encountered is anything to go by.
The clock is ticking for our daughter Sir. Are you going to let yet another teenage age life end because of the legislation we have here in Alberta.
I hope that this is not falling on deaf ears Mr Harper, and that you will intervene and look at the causes that have led us to this point.
Ours is by far not an isolated case as there are all to many parents finding themselves without anywhere to go.
You have children Mr Harper and as a parent you would move heaven and earth to help them. I am just the same.
This has gone on far to long.
Regards

Twenty four thousand people have viewd this post. Even if just half sent an e mail, the government of Alberta would have to listen.
Regards
the murphy family
No the thread has been viewed 24k times. The same people will come back and view every time there is an update / new post. So there will be multiple visits from the same person.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Not had a reply from the Prime Ministers office or Premier Redfords, however i have had some contact from a director of child services (apparently theres more than one).
He is apparently going to speak to Ministers to see if there's any kind of re-think of legislation going on. i won't hold my breath just yet but hey it's better than what i've had so far.
As far as our daughter's situation goes, she is ok as far as the assault goes and from what she has told her case worker, she is willing to go to one of the facilities here in Edmonton on a day to day basis as well as seeing a therapist weekly.
We have heard this all before from her but her case worker seems to sense there is a different air about her and senses some genuine recognition that she can't carry on the way she has been.
I hope so but there is the court hearing on the 27th so we will have to wait and see what happens after.
This director did actually say that our daughter is clearly @ risk which has not been acknowledged this far up the food chain before.
I have asked to speak again to the Ministry so another wait and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.