Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Stocking up for Calgary (April)?

Stocking up for Calgary (April)?

Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:56 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stocking up for Calgary (April)?

Cheers shunter1977 gonna be quite the adventure
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

paulman214 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haggis88
where are you in Calgary mate?

we should grab a pint sometime
Yeah mate sounds good. I'm living in NW at the moment. Just got a job, been here since Friday lol. Start on Monday
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:22 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shunter1977
I just read this thread and have to say I take my hat off to you all, so young and brave to make the move by yourselves, that is how I would like my children to be when they get to their twenties, head out and experience it and see where life takes you. Good luck to you all and hopefully you'll find a support network in each other if you ever need it.
certainly hope my kids are not looking for advice from strangers on where to live overseas whilst trying to snag a labouring job
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulman214
Yeah mate sounds good. I'm living in NW at the moment. Just got a job, been here since Friday lol. Start on Monday
Congrats mate!
Where in Scotland did you move from? I'm in North Ayrshire for the next couple of weeks,then off to Edmonton,just up the road from you.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:57 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
certainly hope my kids are not looking for advice from strangers on where to live overseas whilst trying to snag a labouring job
Ha why whats wrong with that?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Moved from Inverness. Bugger all work over there these days!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 7:42 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on the job, what are you doing?!!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
Congrats mate!
Where in Scotland did you move from? I'm in North Ayrshire for the next couple of weeks,then off to Edmonton,just up the road from you.
South Ayrshire right here! Paul, i'm in the NW too, Country Hills actually!

Originally Posted by salmonfella
Ha why whats wrong with that?
Nothing, these auld yins are jealous they didn't/couldn't do it at our age :P
Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cool. I just got a job, weekends off,
.. Will be keen on a pint whenever or wherever
Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

good lad! where in the NW are you? Woodys Taphouse in Country Hills and Tudor Rose in Panatella are my usual watering holes if not heading downtown!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

At the moment in mount pleasant mate but looking to find a cheap pad somewhere once I start getting paid.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

not bad! that's not far from where i used to stay!

You're not far from "The Cat and Fiddle" on 16th Ave, which is actually an alright place too, has Tennents on tap
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:51 am
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by haggis88
South Ayrshire right here! Paul, i'm in the NW too, Country Hills actually!

Nothing, these auld yins are jealous they didn't/couldn't do it at our age :P
already had it done by your age pal

days before internet and e-mail though

world was a scary place
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
already had it done by your age pal

days before internet and e-mail though

world was a scary place
cool story gramps, tell it again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.