Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Stock up before leaving UK

Stock up before leaving UK

Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stock up before leaving UK

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I can't find anything in my local ones but someone here said Shoppers Drugmart (or London Drugs out your way, which isn't round here) sell Max Factor.
I know that Shoppers sells Boots number 7 makeup range - and it is cheaper than in the UK too just in case anyone is interested.

GAynor
x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Duvets and Duvet Covers and bedding, I bought a load in Asda and Primark last year when I went back also clothing at Primark was a great price compared to our selection here in NS.. also any medications with codeine if you need stronger pain killers as they are not sold over the counter here and no such thing as dissolvable tablets! Hot water bottle covers....the furry kind...and a big egg poacher....!! most of the food I have found a substitute for or manage to get by without now...
hope that helps
JUne
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
Duvets and Duvet Covers and bedding, I bought a load in Asda and Primark last year when I went back also clothing at Primark was a great price compared to our selection here in NS..

How dare you say the "P" word !! God how I miss that store

also any medications with codeine if you need stronger pain killers as they are not sold over the counter here and no such thing as dissolvable tablets!

Yep I agree there - also the Ibrufen meltaways great for a teenager who cant swallow a tablet
Hey is anyone actually thinking if they have seen any of these things in a Canadian Store ? Would be good if someone could let us know if they have found stuff
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:00 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

- I second and third the bra comments!!!
- M&S undies (I did buy a few pairs of Canadian knickers but they almost came up to my chest!)
- M&S jaffa cakes (the best ones ever)
- Quorn mince
- Farrows tinned marrow fat peas
- A two-hole hole punch (they only seem to come with 3 holes over here)

Flossie
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:05 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Books.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:15 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Soda Bread Flour
Jaffa Cakes
Galaxy Caramel
Mars Bars
Modern curtains
Modern Bedding
Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant
Sainsbury Taste the Difference Tartare Sauce with Capers
Creme Eggs -OH's choice-I hate them.
M&S Food Hall
Next/Monsoon/Principles
Bisto Granules -stuff here isn't bad but takes forever to thicken and is too salty.
Easily bought in the Ultra Fresh Mart here in Guelph. Must get around to making it though.

Mmmm - hot out the oven with strawberry jam.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Easily bought in the Ultra Fresh Mart here in Guelph. Must get around to making it though.

Mmmm - hot out the oven with strawberry jam.
Really Madmac? although it would be a heck of a drive from Indian Head on a Saturday morning for the old groceries!! Do they ship to the wild wild west?

BTW - I prefer Soda Farls hot off the griddle or a Sausage and Egg Soda, mmmmmm
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
I hesitate to ask.....but what is wrong with Canadian bras?
One yank and they're off.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
Felinfoel
And/or Brains SA.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:44 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
(Real Ale) is available in Canada at some pubs.
I went to a place in Ottawa with quite a few...but they were still served chilled.

Colman's cook-in sauces - Chasseur, Provencale etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:48 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
... also any medications with codeine if you need stronger pain killers as they are not sold over the counter here
Tylenol1 has Codeine doesn't it? That's over the counter here...along with the much cheaper Life brand from Shoppers DrugMart.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:37 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snave
And/or Brains SA.
Too right. Fed up of that fizzy stuff you get here. Speckled Hen and Abott available though.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Creme Eggs -OH's choice-I hate them.
They were everywhere in MB and here. Can you not get them? They're imported, so proper UK Cadbury's chocolate. There doesn't seem to be the embargo until Boxing Day on them here either, I was surprised to see them in with the Xmas choccies in Sobey's and WalMart in early December

Watch out for the 6 packs though, they sneak in 3 Caramilk eggs with the Creme Eggs and the nasty Caramilk eggs are just wrong
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:58 am
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Doesn't Pete's sell Bread Sauce Mix? I flippin hope so. I know of a shop in BC that does sell it - but lets be honest that isn't much help all the way over here is it?!!
Yeah Pete's frootique has most things.You can even ask the manager there
or grab Pete if you see him and ask for him to order stuff in.Can't always get everything but if there is a high demand for something he will get it in.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:12 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Just a quick note as not been on for a bit, but we are coming over in april to lethbridge

Anybody want us to bring any UK goodies
Plenty of room in the suitcases, as i have a shoping list of stuff to bring back with me like tims coffee and stuff

gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.