British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Stock up before leaving UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/stock-up-before-leaving-uk-516174/)

Judy in Calgary Feb 21st 2008 5:06 pm

Stock up before leaving UK

For those of you who already are living in Canada, if you knew then what you know now, what would you have bought in large-ish quantities before you left the UK?

xxx

daft batty Feb 21st 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Stock up before leaving UK

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 5965221)
For those of you who already are living in Canada, if you knew then what you know now, what would you have bought in large-ish quantities before you left the UK?

xxx

Bras

Atlantic Xpat Feb 21st 2008 5:17 pm

Money.
Beer.
Chocolate.

MarkG Feb 21st 2008 5:19 pm

Blackcurrant squash. We've even seen Marmite here, but the concept of squash seems to have eluded Canadians so far.

gloveman Feb 21st 2008 5:22 pm

Cheese, hula hoops, skirts, Sky TV and the M&S underwear department

Elaine B. Feb 21st 2008 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkG (Post 5965278)
Blackcurrant squash. We've even seen Marmite here, but the concept of squash seems to have eluded Canadians so far.

I got Orange Squash at Sobey's the other day after a tip from someone of BE. Don't know is you can get in where you are it's made by Granthams. Also Ribena is pretty easy to find here just a little more expensive.

And to answer Judy's question Jelly Babies!

amberdayz Feb 21st 2008 5:37 pm

Ahh but can you get things like!! Heinz baked beans, tom ketchup, bisto, cadburys chocolate, good indian curry, chicken/marmite walkers crisps mmmm....just a few things that I know i'll miss :p

chicagojlo Feb 21st 2008 5:40 pm

One of the highlights of our trip to Toronto a few years back was the Cadbury's (and other Brit faves) readily available in the supermarkets...

Rob_999 Feb 21st 2008 5:42 pm

Flaming hot monster munch

mc_dub Feb 21st 2008 5:52 pm

Girls Aloud with the sound turned down

live to ski Feb 21st 2008 5:58 pm

Mr L2S's friend arrived yesterday with 2 of the biggest tubs of Bisto gravy granuals (beef and chicken), chocolate (Glaxay and Dairy Milk) plus Mr L2S's in-all-in-one ski suit from the 80s....hhmmm

As for Judy's questions: Bedding

Steve_P Feb 21st 2008 6:05 pm

Rowntrees Fruit Gums.:)

I know I can get them at the local Brit shop but they charge an arm and a leg for them.:mad::eek::eek:

Little D Feb 21st 2008 6:07 pm

Heinz tomato soup. Great hangover cure, and Campbell's condensed just isn't the same!

BC Hopefuls Feb 21st 2008 6:14 pm

Branston Pickle to go on the cheese I can't get here!

bazzz Feb 21st 2008 6:16 pm

Canadian Dollars.