Reload this Page >

starting our move

starting our move

Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

brittocan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default starting our move

Hi,
Myself and my husband are about to begin our visa application for our move to Canada. I had been talking to a lady from Global Visa's who seemed really nice and helpfull but after a bit of searching on the web, it seems Global Visa's may not be all that great. Please can someone point me in the direction of a reputable company who can assist with our visa application.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:56 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: starting our move

Originally Posted by brittocan
Hi,
Myself and my husband are about to begin our visa application for our move to Canada. I had been talking to a lady from Global Visa's who seemed really nice and helpfull but after a bit of searching on the web, it seems Global Visa's may not be all that great. Please can someone point me in the direction of a reputable company who can assist with our visa application.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie
I would personally suggest that you download all the forms and the details of the requirements first and see how much - if not all of it - that you can do yourself. I think you might find that a Consultant will be expensive and you'll end up doing most of the collation yourself. We did the whole application ourselves and as long as you're methodical and thorough, it's not really that onerous. It will probably save you an awful lot of money.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

GandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant future

I agree totally with rivingtonpike, you'll be better off doing it yourselves, yes it is a bit consuming, but in the long run will save you a substantial amount of money. Going with one of these consultants doesn't give you any guarantees either so I would definitely do it yourselves.

The forms are easy to find on the CIC website and there will be loads of info in the Wiki's as well

Good Luck
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:17 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GandH
I agree totally with rivingtonpike, you'll be better off doing it yourselves, yes it is a bit consuming, but in the long run will save you a substantial amount of money. Going with one of these consultants doesn't give you any guarantees either so I would definitely do it yourselves.

The forms are easy to find on the CIC website and there will be loads of info in the Wiki's as well

Good Luck
Any questions you have will almost certainly be answered by the good folks on this forum - for free. We've all been through it or for many going through it, so you won't be alone. If we can do it successfully - it can't be rocket science. As long as there aren't any skeletons in your closets and you meet whatever criteria your application requires, you have as much chance going it alone as with an expensive Consultant.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Totally agree with what's already been said here ^^^^^^^^^

We did ours ourselves (spousal sponsorship route) and although the forms can seem daunting to begin with, just read and re-read everything, including the guides and you should be fine. Even if you choose the consultant route, you still have to provide all the information needed for the forms!

What route are you going down? Read the wiki (blue bar at top of page) and search for relevant topics - alot of questions have already been answered! Good luck with the application and keep us posted. Ask away too, no such thing as a stupid question and lots of knowledgable and helpful folk on this site