Speeding Fine

Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:06 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding Fine

Originally Posted by dbd33
<raises hand>

I've been reeducated twice. Such nice people in those classes, all people who drive a lot, of course.

A collegue just got a ticket for 138 in an 80. He's decided to fight it and I'll be interested to see how he gets on. The general reaction has been "well, I drive along there at 120, everyone does". This is, of course, beyond the tantrum threshold (50 over in ON) but he's not been impounded.
Judges love that argument...I was only driving with the flow of the traffic..

Reminds of an Irish joke...

Officer pulls paddy over: He says to Paddy, you were driving at 100 mph..

Paddy replies, I absolutely was not..

Officer says, yes you were..

Paddy says, I absolutely was not, but I passed a bugger doing at least that..

Good luck to him all the same...he's not paddy is he?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
Judges love that argument...I was only driving with the flow of the traffic..

Reminds of an Irish joke...

Officer pulls paddy over: He says to Paddy, you were driving at 100 mph..

Paddy replies, I absolutely was not..

Officer says, yes you were..

Paddy says, I absolutely was not, but I passed a bugger doing at least that..

Good luck to him all the same...he's not paddy is he?
No. He was guilty of DWA. I don't think he'll get anywhere, neither does he, but he's going to try it on. I expect he'll do better than our office manager though, "he only stopped me because I'm Jewish" was never going to fly.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:31 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
No. He was guilty of DWA. I don't think he'll get anywhere, neither does he, but he's going to try it on. I expect he'll do better than our office manager though, "he only stopped me because I'm Jewish" was never going to fly.
hahaha...thats a good one

If he's very lucky the officer might not show up...

If not, then you throw yourself on the mercy of the court and beg and plead..that can work too..
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Make sure the ticket is written accurately. I got nailed for 70 in a 50 (guilty as charged) but the officer wrote 10th oct instead of 10th dec. I never noticed but the safety officer at work did and advised me to fight it. I went to the court and said I was nowhere near there on oct 10th... I was supposed to go to court on june 17th last year but I had a serious accident 3 days before and was in hospital getting repaired. My wife called the court and explained, then had to explain why I was going to court in the first place. The Judge said it was too big an error and let me off.
I have often wondered if the officer did the mistake on purpose..

I also got nailed for 76 in a 60 in Vermillion Bay, ON. $55 fine and no points. I was actually doing a lot more than that but the officer just marked it down.

I wish you luck.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
hahaha...thats a good one

If he's very lucky the officer might not show up...

If not, then you throw yourself on the mercy of the court and beg and plead..that can work too..
In Vancouver officers not showing up seems par for the course.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...dismissed.html
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:05 am
Not around much..

Originally Posted by printer
In Vancouver officers not showing up seems par for the course.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...dismissed.html
If the judges started issuing warrants for them Failing to appear as so ordered by the subpoenas that they probably get, it might curb the problem...

Lucky drivers though...