Forum Regular

qverq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any cheap flats in Vancouver

hi,

anybody here living in Vancouver please me info about cheap flats
need help please
Old May 18th 2011, 9:03 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any cheap flats in Vancouver

Originally Posted by qverq
hi,

anybody here living in Vancouver please me info about cheap flats
need help please
Try Kal Tire.

Or start your own thread so your post might get noticed better.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

sreekads is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: soooo irritated by CRNBC

Originally Posted by sparksman
so i flew out did my SEC assessment. got results yesterday apparently they want me to do an on line course in med/surg at cost of $500. a three day workshop on professional communication again another $500 AND a bloody 200 clinical placement in an acute med/surg area at a cost of $1000 so i get to pay to be a student nurse again for three/four months! very irritating as im a senior sister in one of the busiest A&E dept in the country with 8 years experience and numerous extra courses i.e ALS, ATLS degree in emergency care nursing!!!

sorry rant over
has anyone else had to do clinical hours???

i am going to appeal the discission i think, has anyone appealed???

just really want to go and seems to be sooooooo many hurdles

thank you

jodie
Hi there,
I went all these steps . am also having same problem with IEN. but I realised its a waste of time and with drew my appeal letter. I joined upgrade courses in my psychomotor skills course the same examiner demoralised and tried to prove am wrong few procedures and this real professional abuse.I was a faculty in back from India having 23 years experience.
you can gues how much mental trauma I have gone thru.
I trust in Lord. He takecare of his ppl.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about

Hi

The husband of one of the doctors I work with (both are from UK) has been asked to jump through hoops to and is also very fed up. She also has lots of experience in the UK and has had to sit the SEC as well. I think I just got in to the country in time in 2009. It seems that, despite the fact that the hospitals can't recruit enough nurses here, the CRNBC has upped the requirements to work here.

The only thing I can say is that it is a fabulous country and we love it here and sometimes you just have to put up with the crap, and jump through the hoops to get what you want.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: soooo irritated by CRNBC

Originally Posted by shonaoconnor
Hi

The husband of one of the doctors I work with (both are from UK) has been asked to jump through hoops to and is also very fed up. She also has lots of experience in the UK and has had to sit the SEC as well. I think I just got in to the country in time in 2009. It seems that, despite the fact that the hospitals can't recruit enough nurses here, the CRNBC has upped the requirements to work here.

The only thing I can say is that it is a fabulous country and we love it here and sometimes you just have to put up with the crap, and jump through the hoops to get what you want.
Hi shonaoconnor,
u r right.
Praise the lord!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

sparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nice

i won the appeal i do not have to do the 200 clinical hours woo hooo!!!
so worth the hassel of appealing the discission!!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about

How fantastic!! Do you have a job over here? Do you know you can get in on PNP much quicker than the standard emigration route? It only takes a couple of months once you have got a permanent fulltime job offer ( and satisfied the CRNBC that you are eligible for registration!!) You just have to get a job that can'tbe filled by a Canadian. I got in that way.

Anyway good luck and hope the rest of your process is quicker now.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Hi Sparksman,

I can fully understand your frustrations here, it took me 8 months to get registered as an RN thats almost 3 yrs ago now and the SEC assessments became 'compulsory' the year after we came to canada. They suggested i did 2 online courses @ $500 each which once you pass you give the receipt and copy of cert to your employer and it gets reimbursed, they were not compulsory courses just recomended. As for the clinical hours, do you have to do this because your transcripts show you havent covered that area in your training? the reason im asking is because when the CRNBC got mine the person completing them in the UK hadnt ticked one of the boxes to say i had covered the psych in my training and so i called CRNBC they told me this and i emailed the nursing college explained the situation and she sent out a new copy, from then all was good.

I would definately chase this up, I was an advanced nurse practitioner for gynae oncology in the UK and had done that job for 10yrs, its different over here and the system is very frustrating as your finding out, if at the most you have to do the clinical hours then im sure you would be able to do that if as you say canada is where you want to be. If they insist on the courses then do them once your here.

Good luck, hang in there and in the end it will be worth it !

kae

[QUOTE=sparksman;9349252]so i flew out did my SEC assessment. got results yesterday apparently they want me to do an on line course in med/surg at cost of $500. a three day workshop on professional communication again another $500 AND a bloody 200 clinical placement in an acute med/surg area at a cost of $1000 so i get to pay to be a student nurse again for three/four months! very irritating as im a senior sister in one of the busiest A&E dept in the country with 8 years experience and numerous extra courses i.e ALS, ATLS degree in emergency care nursing!!!

sorry rant over

Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:24 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=kmcguinness;9558952]Hi Sparksman,

I can fully understand your frustrations here, it took me 8 months to get registered as an RN thats almost 3 yrs ago now and the SEC assessments became 'compulsory' the year after we came to canada. They suggested i did 2 online courses @ $500 each which once you pass you give the receipt and copy of cert to your employer and it gets reimbursed, they were not compulsory courses just recomended. As for the clinical hours, do you have to do this because your transcripts show you havent covered that area in your training? the reason im asking is because when the CRNBC got mine the person completing them in the UK hadnt ticked one of the boxes to say i had covered the psych in my training and so i called CRNBC they told me this and i emailed the nursing college explained the situation and she sent out a new copy, from then all was good.

I would definately chase this up, I was an advanced nurse practitioner for gynae oncology in the UK and had done that job for 10yrs, its different over here and the system is very frustrating as your finding out, if at the most you have to do the clinical hours then im sure you would be able to do that if as you say canada is where you want to be. If they insist on the courses then do them once your here.

Good luck, hang in there and in the end it will be worth it !

kae

so i flew out did my SEC assessment. got results yesterday apparently they want me to do an on line course in med/surg at cost of $500. a three day workshop on professional communication again another $500 AND a bloody 200 clinical placement in an acute med/surg area at a cost of $1000 so i get to pay to be a student nurse again for three/four months! very irritating as im a senior sister in one of the busiest A&E dept in the country with 8 years experience and numerous extra courses i.e ALS, ATLS degree in emergency care nursing!!!

sorry rant over

hi,
Most of experienced nurses got 200 hrs clinicals. Well I dont see any objectivity in evaluation. no option. we have to go thru it, best of luck!
cheers!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:26 am
Just Joined

i won the appeal i do not have to do the 200 clinical hours woo hooo!!!
so worth the hassel of appealing the discission!!!!!
Hey u r lucky dude!
I went for appeal and withdrew my appeal, almost done and waiting for clinical posting.
good luck1