Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Software Engineers - where to work?

Software Engineers - where to work?

Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

tioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nice
Default Re: Software Engineers - where to work?

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
this seems quite a long way divorced from reality. When, many years ago, I lived in Chester we used to go for long walks with the dogs in the hills around Llangollen pretty much year-round. Bala Lake on a crisp December morning was beautiful in a way that the Ontario countryside very seldom is. I've also been up & down Snowdon in all but the harshest January weather, but I wouldn't contemplate hiking on the Niagara Escarpment when it's -25C outside with a windchill down to 30-odd below. Weather here is a different order of magnitude. You might get to the park, but the swings don't swing because the snow comes over the seat, and the slide might slide but the climbing frame it's attached to is treacherously icy. Plus you can only stay outside for half an hour or so before frostbitten extremities become a real possibility.

And anyway, the whole point of being a child is to get covered in mud, isn't it?
Fair point, but Bala Lake and Snowdon aren't much good for young kids. Like I said, I'll take the Ontario climate any day.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Software Engineers - where to work?

Originally Posted by tioram
Fair point, but Bala Lake and Snowdon aren't much good for young kids. Like I said, I'll take the Ontario climate any day.

For you: http://upperappalachia.blogspot.com/...-old-post.html