Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL

snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL

Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL

well..here it is first week of spring and we have snow falling..funny thing is..it hasn't snowed here for well over a month!!

come on Spring..kick in!! for real
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
well..here it is first week of spring and we have snow falling..funny thing is..it hasn't snowed here for well over a month!!

It was sunny with some flurries of snow in Scotland today!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:13 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We had such a warm sunny day yesterday that I decided to cook our Easter lamb and roast potatoes on the BBQ!

Today I woke up to a blizzard!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf

We didnt see any snow, but it was damn cold overnite! Terrible rain/wind storm yesterday afternoon!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!! I hope the blizzard isn't coming this way. I have just about got rid of the snow!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Sunny Blackpool has had snow today......just a few little flurries, not even enough to bring the washing in.
Rest of Lancashire and north has had quite a bit of snow this easter.
OH was over at Christmas and he sent some loveley pictures back from the island....MIL says you dont get too much snow on VI.....possible global warming changing all that??
I've tried to attach whats washed up on one of our beaches at the moment, result of bad winds. see if it works
Attached Images  
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Heck I am getting hang of this now.....the container ship is called the Riverdance and has been on the beach since January. Glad we've not packed yet. Another picture to show the containers on it.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:56 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmabell
Heck I am getting hang of this now.....the container ship is called the Riverdance and has been on the beach since January. Glad we've not packed yet. Another picture to show the containers on it.
You need to post bigger pictures as those are barely visible! I imagine that there is a fair chance the Riverdance will be a long term fixture as the latest I heard was that if they can't float it off (which seems increasingly unlikely) then they'll have to cut it up on site!

And for you VI'ites complaining about the snow sod off. This time last week we were set into our third snowstorm in less than 7 days. The total accumulation was 100cm.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Atlantic Xpat;6105475]You need to post bigger pictures as those are barely visible! I imagine that there is a fair chance the Riverdance will be a long term fixture as the latest I heard was that if they can't float it off (which seems increasingly unlikely) then they'll have to cut it up on site!

Re pictures, only just learnt how to do the avatar thingy.....so its all still at trial and error stages.
Yes your right, about not being able to float it off. Cleveleys the town its nearest to is doing a boom in trading and they have even had to close certain streets because of all the sightseers.
Might rent myself a burger van......supplement the pension

Last edited by emmabell; Mar 24th 2008 at 8:15 pm. Reason: spelling