British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/snowing-vanc-island-spring-lol-524094/)

Maple Leaf Mar 24th 2008 5:45 pm

snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL

well..here it is first week of spring and we have snow falling..funny thing is..it hasn't snowed here for well over a month!!

come on Spring..kick in!! for real:p

G586 Mar 24th 2008 5:58 pm

Re: snowing on vanc island........in spring!..LOL

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf (Post 6105054)
well..here it is first week of spring and we have snow falling..funny thing is..it hasn't snowed here for well over a month!!

It was sunny with some flurries of snow in Scotland today!

Alberta_Rose Mar 24th 2008 6:13 pm

We had such a warm sunny day yesterday that I decided to cook our Easter lamb and roast potatoes on the BBQ! :thumbsup:

Today I woke up to a blizzard! :eek:

willmore Mar 24th 2008 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf (Post 6105054)

We didnt see any snow, but it was damn cold overnite! Terrible rain/wind storm yesterday afternoon!

Purley Mar 24th 2008 6:17 pm

Oh no!! I hope the blizzard isn't coming this way. I have just about got rid of the snow!!!

emmabell Mar 24th 2008 7:50 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Sunny Blackpool has had snow today......just a few little flurries, not even enough to bring the washing in.
Rest of Lancashire and north has had quite a bit of snow this easter.
OH was over at Christmas and he sent some loveley pictures back from the island....MIL says you dont get too much snow on VI.....possible global warming changing all that??
I've tried to attach whats washed up on one of our beaches at the moment, result of bad winds. see if it works

emmabell Mar 24th 2008 7:52 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Heck I am getting hang of this now.....the container ship is called the Riverdance and has been on the beach since January. Glad we've not packed yet. Another picture to show the containers on it.

Atlantic Xpat Mar 24th 2008 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by emmabell (Post 6105467)
Heck I am getting hang of this now.....the container ship is called the Riverdance and has been on the beach since January. Glad we've not packed yet. Another picture to show the containers on it.

You need to post bigger pictures as those are barely visible!;) I imagine that there is a fair chance the Riverdance will be a long term fixture as the latest I heard was that if they can't float it off (which seems increasingly unlikely) then they'll have to cut it up on site!

And for you VI'ites complaining about the snow sod off. This time last week we were set into our third snowstorm in less than 7 days. The total accumulation was 100cm. :ohmy:

emmabell Mar 24th 2008 8:14 pm

[QUOTE=Atlantic Xpat;6105475]You need to post bigger pictures as those are barely visible!;) I imagine that there is a fair chance the Riverdance will be a long term fixture as the latest I heard was that if they can't float it off (which seems increasingly unlikely) then they'll have to cut it up on site!

Re pictures, only just learnt how to do the avatar thingy.....so its all still at trial and error stages.
Yes your right, about not being able to float it off. Cleveleys the town its nearest to is doing a boom in trading and they have even had to close certain streets because of all the sightseers.
Might rent myself a burger van......supplement the pension:thumbsup: