Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IT Skilled workers

IT Skilled workers

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:13 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Skilled workers

Originally Posted by SirTainly
If anyone finds someone who needs a Java dev with 8 years experience let me know please!

Simon
We are lookimng for people right now (Kamloops), you could always apply online and see what happens? No harm in giving it a go is there? All the postings are up to date.

http://www.bclc.com/app/AboutBCLC/Ca...rrentpositions
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Think I'll join the bandwagon....

For the past 18 years I have worked within the technical development, management, support and consultancy arena in the IT, ISP and banking sectors and am looking for IT work.

http://www.bestjobsca.com/resumes/jasondye
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Matt1977
Hmmmmm, looks like I've stumbled across the thread a bit too late but if you don't ask, you don't get.

I've been to BC several times on holiday (gonna be back in December for a few weeks) and would love the opportunity to live and work over there.

Very briefly, I'm 31, from London and have been working in the Network/Security game for over six years. I've worked at several very high profile companies in the city and am Cisco certified. Trouble is, I don't have a degree, which I fear may hold me back a tad. Is there a fairly healthy job market for Cisco/Checkpoint type work?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

My employer, a finnish mobile phone company, starts with N, ends with a and has oki in the middle (you should have guessed it by now!) has all of their security device support in Kanata just outside of Ottawa. They do loads of Checkpoint stuff. At the moment though they are only recruiting contrators via Adecco. Hope this helps!

Kriss

Last edited by compchris; Sep 23rd 2008 at 9:06 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

nikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
PRINCE2 awareness is growing, Boston and Toronto Universities are now exam centres (I also think that Ottawa has one too). I believe than in the next 2 years your will see a brising demand for PRINCE2 skills. so if you are emigrating as a PM, get this certifications in the UK and join the PMI and sit their PMP certification (which is seen as a must have here in Canada).
Hi,

Thank goodness Project management has been mentioned . My husband has Prince2 was thinking about six sigma (well only has to sit exam now study completed) but instead complete his PMI and is now registered to complete his PMP. He currently works for a large company as a IT project manager. would anyone know what the chances and prospects for this kind of work is! We would prefer to move to Ontario or Alberta but we are open to go where the work is! We have noticed that most PM jobs require PMP!

What is the job market like for this kind of work?

Thanks

NIkki and Lee
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:12 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Danny B
We are lookimng for people right now (Kamloops), you could always apply online and see what happens? No harm in giving it a go is there? All the postings are up to date.

http://www.bclc.com/app/AboutBCLC/Ca...rrentpositions
Thanks for the link, just looking (couldn't at work as gambling is blocked LOL).