Reload this Page >

SIEMENS TRANSPORT SASKATOON

SIEMENS TRANSPORT SASKATOON

Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Tony 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SIEMENS TRANSPORT SASKATOON

HI ALL
Does anyone have any info on Siemens transport, they have offered me an interview, is it worth going to see them? I have been getting some negative vibes from crane companies. So if it carrys on i may have to pursue the Trucking route, what i need to find out is do i have to pay for all of it i.e the following have been requested:

U.K Police search £30
HGV Medical £120
HGV Assessment £80

Then theres flights about £530, hotel/b&b on top of that. Anyone else had that?
Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SIEMENS TRANSPORT SASKATOON

Originally Posted by Tony 2
HI ALL
Does anyone have any info on Siemens transport, they have offered me an interview, is it worth going to see them? I have been getting some negative vibes from crane companies. So if it carrys on i may have to pursue the Trucking route, what i need to find out is do i have to pay for all of it i.e the following have been requested:

U.K Police search £30
HGV Medical £120
HGV Assessment £80

Then theres flights about £530, hotel/b&b on top of that. Anyone else had that?
Thanks

I went to see Siemens in Saskatoon a 2 weeks ago.

You land in calgary, its then a 400 miles drive to Saskatoon. I hired a car cost about $450.00 for the week, petrol is about 86 cents a litre.

You dont have worry about the driving asesement, I got a medical done from my doct for £20, but a letter stating no history of drink or drug misuse will suffice.

They will want to see 3 refs. covering the last 5 yrs of driving experience.

Hotel in Saskatoon will cost about $100 a night and for that you dont get breakfast.

Best to allow about £1500 for a weeks trip
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Scooby

Well that sounds o.k, are you starting work with em? What do they seem like? We have at our company a random drug and alchol testing. Not to worried about the costs whilst seeing them, just want to get other compaies to see at same time would be better i think. Did you see any others? I have a dual work record i.e i am a heavy haulage truck driver and a crane operator, however crane driving seems VERY difficult to get in. Do siemens seem proffesional? What about the training programme? How long did you see em for? Sorry mate so many questions!!

Thanks for this Tony
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Hi Scooby

Well that sounds o.k, are you starting work with em? What do they seem like? We have at our company a random drug and alchol testing. Not to worried about the costs whilst seeing them, just want to get other compaies to see at same time would be better i think. Did you see any others? I have a dual work record i.e i am a heavy haulage truck driver and a crane operator, however crane driving seems VERY difficult to get in. Do siemens seem proffesional? What about the training programme? How long did you see em for? Sorry mate so many questions!!

Thanks for this Tony

The interview lasted 5 hours!! got a job offer, they were honest, and seemed professional.

I also saw 3 other companies in the area. I just picked upi the yellow pages in he hotel and made the appointments.

Read this link
http://koogarboots.blogspot.com/

He worked for a division of siemans group, based out of calgary, it has the reputation of being one of the better divisions. or at least thats what I heard, but it horses for courses etc.

My best advice would be, fly to Calgary, stay at hotel airport, its a 2 min walk from arrivals lounge, then hire car to drive to Saskatoon the next day. The flight is 9 hours and they are 7 hours behind. I was on my kness when I got to Saskatoon, not a good idea on roads you dont know and in temps of -35 etc.

Yanke have a base there, contact them they again have a good rep. but will insist on team for the first yr.

H&R transport in alberta, again good, but now only looking for team drivers.

Bison, not accessible unless you use an agent and that can cost $7000.

These companoes can get you over quickly as they are all registered on the LMO scheme. If you go for a more local company that still does long distance work, say JBM in saskatoon, it will take longer for them to get the paperwork sorted, possibily upto 6 months.n Unless they are very clued up, then it maybe a matter of weeks.

Again, it depends on your circs.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Hi Scooby

Thanks for all the info, thats a bit to be going on with. I have spent some time in Canada all be it along time ago!! I guess there are a lot of companies to try, just a bit confused only because i have heard that all the brits get trated to long haul only (NOT A Problem) but they pay peanuts for it, dont know how true. Will do some more research in it, looking to want to travel there about end of march begining of april time. keep in touch and thanks
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi Scooby

Thanks for all the info, thats a bit to be going on with. I have spent some time in Canada all be it along time ago!! I guess there are a lot of companies to try, just a bit confused only because i have heard that all the brits get trated to long haul only (NOT A Problem) but they pay peanuts for it, dont know how true. Will do some more research in it, looking to want to travel there about end of march begining of april time. keep in touch and thanks
reading that blog esp the first 1 yr will give you an insight, every company is diff. and yes the only drivers who can get in, normally, are the long haul ones. You could get a job just driving in Canada only, Seimans do offer this, but the choice of company is the same as over here, once behind the wheel we are all just assets to be used etc. The accent may change...