shocked

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

cove61 will become famous soon enough
Angry shocked

we live in a small village on the outskirts of Aberdeen, its pretty quiet lots of families but usual Ned's but not all that bad, well so we all thought, yesterday on my way to work i was waiting at the local bus stop with a group of high school kids waiting to go to school, no bad behaviour from them, two more kids aged 12 and 14 ran across the road as the bus was about to arrive, but they ran out in front of a small red van, who had to break hard so he didnt hit them, what happened next was a total shock, the guy got out his van and attacked the boys punching and kicking them, before we knew what to do he was back in his van and away, leaving one kid bleeding on the ground the other very shocked,. I mean i know they shouldn't have run out but come on what has to world come to when kids are thumped because the run in front of your car, people seem to have a total lack of tolerance for anything other people do.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shocked

Originally Posted by cove61
we live in a small village on the outskirts of Aberdeen, its pretty quiet lots of families but usual Ned's but not all that bad, well so we all thought, yesterday on my way to work i was waiting at the local bus stop with a group of high school kids waiting to go to school, no bad behaviour from them, two more kids aged 12 and 14 ran across the road as the bus was about to arrive, but they ran out in front of a small red van, who had to break hard so he didnt hit them, what happened next was a total shock, the guy got out his van and attacked the boys punching and kicking them, before we knew what to do he was back in his van and away, leaving one kid bleeding on the ground the other very shocked,. I mean i know they shouldn't have run out but come on what has to world come to when kids are thumped because the run in front of your car, people seem to have a total lack of tolerance for anything other people do.
Hope someone got the number plate and reports the scum to the police.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

That's van drivers for you: where I used to live there were several annoying merge lanes after traffic lights, where van drivers would often try to force me off the road just so they could barge one place ahead in a mile-long queue of traffic.

I'd been tempted to start calling the numbers on the vans and reporting them to their employer, but then they'd probably come around to my house and beat me up. Sadly now traffic police have been replaced with speed cameras they can do whatever they want so long as they stick below the speed limit and keep their tax disk up to date.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

crazy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi cove61,
Nice to see someone from my neck of the woods, we used to stay 2hrs from Aberdeen towards Inverness, we used to go to Aberdeen all the time mainly for shopping!! Its a sad fact that people do not care for anyone else but themselves but to do that to children is just unforgivable. Peoples attituded towards their fellow man was one of the reasons we left and came to Canada over 2years ago now and I must admit i do not regret one moment of it, in saying that I am aware that everywhere has its problems but the kids have so much more freedom here and after reading your message it just confirmed what I already new we were better away from there, it is really sad as Scotland is a lovely place but I just did not feel safe anymore, it makes me sick to think that an adult (if you can call them that) could do such a thing to a child.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cove61

We are just down the road from you (in between Dundee and Aberdeen). The more I see around here the more I would love to get out of here. By no means am I wearing rose tinted glasses that things will be perfect in Canada but from what I have read on other posts there isn't the same sort of mindless violence that we seem to be getting here now. It's a sad state of affairs when kids are being assaulted in broad daylight - especially somewhere like Aberdeenshire where you wouldn't expect it.

Scotschick
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:00 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi cove61

We are just down the road from you (in between Dundee and Aberdeen). The more I see around here the more I would love to get out of here. By no means am I wearing rose tinted glasses that things will be perfect in Canada but from what I have read on other posts there isn't the same sort of mindless violence that we seem to be getting here now. It's a sad state of affairs when kids are being assaulted in broad daylight - especially somewhere like Aberdeenshire where you wouldn't expect it.

Scotschick

we don't get mindless violence in Canada,

we tend to stick to inner city gun crime and let our ethic groups shoot at each other in public places, even at each others funerals……..

and pretend that it won’t affect us out in the suburbs
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:03 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeUK
we don't get mindless violence in Canada,

we tend to stick to inner city gun crime and let our ethic groups shoot at each other in public places, even at each others funerals……..

and pretend that it won’t affect us out in the suburbs
Very true, judging by what happened in the last few weeks Now they are talking about putting cameras in churches
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:13 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, if some kids ran out in front of me and I nearly hit them I think I'd probably feel like I'd want to beat the crap out of them too. At least I think I would - I've never been in that situation. I just suspect that the adrenalin, the shock and the "holy f**ck - what could have happened?!"-ness of the situation could make me lose it. I remember the only time I ever smacked one of my nephews was when he ran out in front of a car while he was in my care and it felt very odd - a fight or flight gut reaction to smack him.

I'm not condoning what the driver did at all - but I don't think his reaction is necessarily the same sort of mindless violence as say "happy slapping" etc... where a person is nothing more than a uncaring p.o.s. I think nearly killing someone by accident could affect a person enough that they momentarily snap. I do think the driver should still be held accountable for what he did.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:18 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scotschick
By no means am I wearing rose tinted glasses that things will be perfect in Canada but from what I have read on other posts there isn't the same sort of mindless violence that we seem to be getting here now.
Nice glasses!

Where there's people, there's mindless violence.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:10 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
we tend to stick to inner city gun crime and let our ethic groups shoot at each other in public places, even at each others funerals*……..
Ah yes, the LAPD strategy of crime reduction circa late 1980's at the height of the Bloods'n'Crips gang wars......what a raving success.

*someone had been watching CSI Miami looking for inspiration, obviously

Rich