Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping Mountain Bikes?

Shipping Mountain Bikes?

Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:34 pm
long hard slog...done it

SpeC will become famous soon enoughSpeC will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping Mountain Bikes?

Advice needed again please, I've done a search but very little comes up regarding this subject
Has anyone done this?, if so were there/could there be any complications or aggro from customs.
I'm hoping to ship over my kids bikes, but if there's gonna be loads of aggro I may just sell them & buy them new ones , once we've settled.
As always all advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:42 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Mountain Bikes?

If you're talking about shipping it in a container with all the rest of your posessions, there shouldn't be any problem. I shipped mine and just made sure it had been pressure-washed and was immaculately clean.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:46 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
If you're talking about shipping it in a container with all the rest of your posessions, there shouldn't be any problem. I shipped mine and just made sure it had been pressure-washed and was immaculately clean.
This is what we've been told by our shippers, make sure they're really clean with no traces of mud etc, could also disinfect the wheels too.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:49 pm
long hard slog...done it

Thanks Rich,Wonderwoman
Yes, I am intending to put them in the container along with the (Kitchen sink ), if my dear wife has anything to do with it.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:58 pm
long hard slog...done it

Now that brings back happy mammary's (memories) I mean, I had a crush on Linda Carter aka Wonderwoman when I was but a lad.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:34 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

We shipped out all sorts of garden equipment and outdoor recreation stuff. I spent a day on the patio scrubbing everything down. Garden spades and the like I gave a quick spray over with a can of matt black paint - no argument then about how clean everything is. Tools were pressure-washed, then wiped over with WD40.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:27 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

We decided not to take the kids bikes, looking at the cost of the bikes in wallmart/cosco we have made the bikes part of their xmas presents and guess what we will be buying 2 mins after landing

One point our shippers told us was to make sure even under the seat was cleaned as this is one place that will be checked, night before shippers where in I was in the spare room with a six man tent wiping it down .. also on the day I was told to wash my dyson out, (tip the yellow/orange tube/cone thing comes out) Hubby onkly thought of telling me this after I spent 10mins trying to wash around it men!!!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 4:17 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I took our boys' bikes to the local garage where they steam-cleaned them for me