Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping to Canada

Shipping to Canada

Old Nov 8th 2012, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping to Canada

Just wanted to say that due to our recent experience with the Moving Partnership, I would highly recommend them to anyone. Why?

They were considerably cheaper than the others and worked hard to add value to their quote by the addition of services gratis.

Their packers did in two days what the other companies wanted to do in four. The packers were very professional and knew exactly how to handle each and every item. Nothing was under packed, nor over packed.

It took only 6 weeks for our goods to get to our door. It would have been 5 except that Canadian International Relocations ( their partner on this end) tried every which way to get our goods to our house with having to double handle them. We moved to a rather remote island in the Salish sea, BC. In the end they couldn't and we had to pay an expected and already quoted extra.

The movers on the Canadian side were awesome. They got our almost full 40 footer into our house in no time and set up the big things for us. Their advice on placement was good also, and our home looks great.

EVERYTHING was there, the seals on the container totally intact. NOTHING was broken or missing. Not a screw or nail out of place.

I and my husband are extremely happy with our experience and would not hesitate to recommend the Moving Partnership
To anyone, moving anywhere.

All I can say is: Well done!!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping to Canada

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Just wanted to say that due to our recent experience with the Moving Partnership, I would highly recommend them to anyone. Why?

They were considerably cheaper than the others and worked hard to add value to their quote by the addition of services gratis.

Their packers did in two days what the other companies wanted to do in four. The packers were very professional and knew exactly how to handle each and every item. Nothing was under packed, nor over packed.

It took only 6 weeks for our goods to get to our door. It would have been 5 except that Canadian International Relocations ( their partner on this end) tried every which way to get our goods to our house with having to double handle them. We moved to a rather remote island in the Salish sea, BC. In the end they couldn't and we had to pay an expected and already quoted extra.

The movers on the Canadian side were awesome. They got our almost full 40 footer into our house in no time and set up the big things for us. Their advice on placement was good also, and our home looks great.

EVERYTHING was there, the seals on the container totally intact. NOTHING was broken or missing. Not a screw or nail out of place.

I and my husband are extremely happy with our experience and would not hesitate to recommend the Moving Partnership

I would advise completely the opposite !
Our possessions we're very badly packed, lots of things too badly damaged to ever use again! Things magically disappeared from a sealed container (mostly English plugged electricals, T.v, fans, games consuls etc).

We are now in dispute with the insurers (arranged by Tracy) and will probably end up using the ombudsman to try and get some recompense.
I would never use them or Tippets this side again, its completely spoiled our move!!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent

Sounds way to much like a "dodgy" plug to me

Our movers did a great job, nothing broken etc. We didn't come on here to rave about them without our opinion being requested.

All the best with your new life.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Not dodgy at all, just really impressed. And I thought the shipping thread was getting a bit long.

I forgot that British cynicism was one of the things I was hoping to leave behind. I'll leave now, bye!