Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

JOB OFFER LETTER WITH NO LMO

JOB OFFER LETTER WITH NO LMO

Old Nov 7th 2012, 9:55 pm
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JOB OFFER LETTER WITH NO LMO

Hi does anyone know if the temp work permit application will be processed without the LMO? Will they accept it and start processing whilst LMO being obtained?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 10:04 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JOB OFFER LETTER WITH NO LMO

Originally Posted by lindamchugh
Hi does anyone know if the temp work permit application will be processed without the LMO? Will they accept it and start processing whilst LMO being obtained?
No.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Job offer + Positive LMO = Temporary Work Permit

You need to have both things to get a TWP. Don't forget, actually obtaining a TWP is relatively easy and can be done on entry to Canada - it's jumping through the hoops for the LMO that takes time, effort and patience.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 6:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not any more - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp. Concurrent processing was scrapped in 2010.

You need the LMO to be able to apply for the TWP now.

HTH.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:33 am
Gained PR July 2014

ok thanks folks I am going to join the next olympic as a hula hooper after this experience! rhetorical question but why does Canada say they welcome us foreign workers blah blah then make it practically a full time job and a gazillion years to get there? rant over , just frustrated.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks folks I am going to join the next olympic as a hula hooper after this experience! rhetorical question but why does Canada say they welcome us foreign workers blah blah then make it practically a full time job and a gazillion years to get there? rant over , just frustrated.
Believe it or not, Canada's quite easy to get in to compared to other non-EU countries! They do welcome foreign workers, but only the ones they need, which I guess is fair enough. If you have a skill they need plus education etc, then it's a fairly easy process with no job offer required.

Fingers crossed for you, hope you get a positive LMO soon.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 12:22 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not any more - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp. Concurrent processing was scrapped in 2010.

You need the LMO to be able to apply for the TWP now.

HTH.
I'm surprised, I thought that was the case when I got mine back in 2007. Hey-ho.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 3:43 pm
Gained PR July 2014

Hi do you know complex the LMO investigations are? I want to reassure our prospective employer that it is straightforward. I understand HRSDC just call for a chat and ask about other people who have been interviewed (canadians) Does anyone know if this is the case ?
Old Nov 8th 2012, 4:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hi do you know complex the LMO investigations are? I want to reassure our prospective employer that it is straightforward. I understand HRSDC just call for a chat and ask about other people who have been interviewed (canadians) Does anyone know if this is the case ?
It may not be straightforward. A lot of LMO applications are being turned down right now.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

when my employer did my LMO application, they had to prove that they could not get an Canadian to do the job.

To do this they posted the job on - www.jobbank.gc.ca/ - and after 4 weeks applied for the LMO approval and recieved it with in 6 weeks. Just 1 tip is to ask them to apply your job request under management as it has more clout. Also check your job against the NOC codes to make sure its available

Last edited by Aqua; Nov 8th 2012 at 4:38 pm.