Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

shipping/baggage

shipping/baggage

Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Thwaites is a jewel in the roughThwaites is a jewel in the roughThwaites is a jewel in the roughThwaites is a jewel in the rough
Default shipping/baggage

hi,
I know there has been alot of threads about shipping, but i was wondering if anyone has just shipped a small amount of stuff, as all shipping threads seem to be about moving whole houses over.

I am moving to st john's and will be renting a furnished house, looking to stay for about 2 years.
I could just go over with the plane baggage allowance, but would quite like to bring extras, such as computers, guitars, books

Any information on the best way to get this stuff to st john's newfoundland would be much appreciated.

Cheers

ben
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping/baggage

i remember there was a post about shipping palettes..not sure how to spell that. Was about a year ago, in these forums, a company in teh east of england if memory serves. I can't find hte link but search on pallet's and you'll rpobably find it.

edited to add:

here are two that might help
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=pallet
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=pallet

Last edited by Caitilin; Jan 9th 2009 at 9:41 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thwaites
hi,
I know there has been alot of threads about shipping, but i was wondering if anyone has just shipped a small amount of stuff, as all shipping threads seem to be about moving whole houses over.

I am moving to st john's and will be renting a furnished house, looking to stay for about 2 years.
I could just go over with the plane baggage allowance, but would quite like to bring extras, such as computers, guitars, books

Any information on the best way to get this stuff to st john's newfoundland would be much appreciated.

Cheers

ben
We used a company to send 10 boxes over. I wouldn't, however, recommend them but I am sure there are lots more out there that will do this for you. Do a search on here and you should find something.

Good luck
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

we are using Britannia at the moment to ship over 24 boxes on a groupage. About 150 cubic feet.

So far so good with them
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road

Hi

We used Excess Baggage to ship 462 Kgs across from UK to Calgary, reasonably priced and delivered on time.

Amazing how much cr*p you gather over the years!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

We used a company called 'Migrate Global' but couldn't tell you how good they are as all our stuff is still in the UK awaiting our instruction to be shipped. Up to now, they have been extremely helpful.