Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shared Flight (with pets) from UK to US?

Shared Flight (with pets) from UK to US?

Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shared Flight (with pets) from UK to US?

Originally Posted by runningclaire
The QE2 only allows guide dogs on board.
yes, the qm2 has 12 kennels but they are fully booked for 2013
Tedious pedantry. I was simply cueing up a jolly jape concerning a second round of QE and the UK going to the dogs.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:10 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered if pets of an avian nature might be carried on this charter flight?

I ask as a fellow poster squawked a lot about his flighty parrot, if you get a chance maybe you could crane your neck over the fellow posters thread below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=parrot

I know I should keep my beak out of this matter as I'm not flying to the US, but I assumed someone might get in a flap if our fellow posters parrot thread was not connected with this one

If you have any questions no worries about budgie-ing me about it

Well I will sign off as i have to hawk my bad humour elsewhere
Old Dec 10th 2012, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Fhudo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karinap
After 5 years in London, I will be soon be relocating back to the US. I am bringing my dog with me, but don't feel comfortable sending him via the cargo hold of a commercial flight.

Given that, I'm hoping to gather other pet-owners interested in flying a similar route so we can share a charter flight. With enough people, the cost is pretty reasonable and I already have a few others on board.

So I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in sharing a flight? My ideal route is London to east coast US/Canada (Toronto/Montreal/Boston/New York) in December/January, but am very flexible in terms of route and timing.

Please let me know if you're interested and I can share more information!
I would be interested - family of 4 plus an English setter. Flexible re dates.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 11:15 pm
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karinap
After 5 years in London, I will be soon be relocating back to the US. I am bringing my dog with me, but don't feel comfortable sending him via the cargo hold of a commercial flight.

Given that, I'm hoping to gather other pet-owners interested in flying a similar route so we can share a charter flight. With enough people, the cost is pretty reasonable and I already have a few others on board.

So I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in sharing a flight? My ideal route is London to east coast US/Canada (Toronto/Montreal/Boston/New York) in December/January, but am very flexible in terms of route and timing.

Please let me know if you're interested and I can share more information!
I was so worried when I flew my two pups from London to SF in 2010 I wish I had thought of the idea. But just in case it does not happen and you do need to fly them I would just like to offer some reassurance.

I spent nine months of worry before we were due to move, on the day of the move I was in a complete state, seeing the dogs disappear through the xray. My Boston has seizures and extreme separation anxiety. Anyway long story short I came off the plane in a complete mess and both my dogs were perfectly fine. I had a wonderful company to help with moving them. Anyway all the best which ever way you fly..
Old Dec 28th 2012, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

karinap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fhudo
I would be interested - family of 4 plus an English setter. Flexible re dates.
Hi Fhudo

I have had some interest - I've just sent you a private message with more information.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

runningclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did this charter flight go ahead? I am thinking of looking into charter flights again to get my dog from UK to Toronto.
Old May 5th 2013, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

karinap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did this charter flight go ahead? I am thinking of looking into charter flights again to get my dog from UK to Toronto.
Hi Claire - I just sent you an email. Please let me know if you're still looking...