Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Serious about going back

Serious about going back

Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Serious about going back

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
am now very curious as to the differences between canadian BEs and Australian BEs. Would someone mind explaining what they are?
Hi, if you have originally moved to and lived in Oz then moved here to Canada and are happy here, then you already know the answer. Not better, not worse but different.
J
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:28 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

am now very curious as to the differences between canadian BEs and Australian BEs. Would someone mind explaining what they are?
Unless they've fetishized assimilation, Canadian BEers hate ice hockey and freezing cold whereas Australian BEers hate AFL and the stifling heat. Sorted.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future

Hi, if you have originally moved to and lived in Oz then moved here to Canada and are happier here, then you already know the answer. They are not better, not worse but different. This may sum it up for those who are also curious, I hope this helps....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVed...eature=related
J

Last edited by jjanj; Apr 11th 2011 at 9:37 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Canadian BEers .... Australian BEers Sorted.
Isn't that a bit like comparing Molson's to Fosters?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:01 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

That Cambridge dictionary definition...

Any dictionary which offers the following sentence as an example of proper usage ought to be struck off for crimes against the English language:

"Ministers who refused to toe the Party line were swiftly got rid of. "

I'm by no means an expert on grammar but that is brutal.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:07 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjanj
Hi, if you have originally moved to and lived in Oz then moved here to Canada and are happy here, then you already know the answer. Not better, not worse but different.
J
Hi - I'm not british, that's why I'm asking
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:22 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
That Cambridge dictionary definition...

Any dictionary which offers the following sentence as an example of proper usage ought to be struck off for crimes against the English language:

"Ministers who refused to toe the Party line were swiftly got rid of. "

I'm by no means an expert on grammar but that is brutal.
Nothing like a good dangle, is there?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:25 pm
Born again atheist

I'm British (at least originaly) but I've no idea what they're on about either if that helps.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:30 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
I posted this earlier.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVed...eature=related You should get what I mean when you look at it and you don't need to be British to understand.

J

Last edited by jjanj; Apr 11th 2011 at 11:56 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:59 am
Born again atheist

Hi,
I posted this earlier.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVed...eature=related You should get what I mean when you look at it and you don't need to be British to understand.

J
Well, I've just invested 3:49 min of whatever was left of my life watching that video and I'm no closer to grasping what you're on about.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well, I've just invested 3:49 min of whatever was left of my life watching that video and I'm no closer to grasping what you're on about.
Hi,
If you are a Geordie like me, we do have a few problems in that area. If it is any consolation to you, I also got totally lost when this thread made not being British an issue. I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

As for the video, it was posted in response to my comment about the differences of expats who choose Canada or Oz. Please don't take the video absolutely literally as I don't fancy an argument but there is an awful lot of truth in it, that's why it was made by an Australian comic Chris Franklin....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Franklin

Finally, I would also appreciate it if someone could enlighten me about this being or not being British thing.

J
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:39 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
If you are a Geordie like me, we do have a few problems in that area. If it is any consolation to you, I also got totally lost when this thread made not being British an issue. I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

As for the video, it was posted in response to my comment about the differences of expats who choose Canada or Oz. Please don't take the video absolutely literally as I don't fancy an argument but there is an awful lot of truth in it, that's why it was made by an Australian comic Chris Franklin....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Franklin

Finally, I would also appreciate it if someone could enlighten me about this being or not being British thing.

J
Is this a question about Schrödinger's cat ?
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

J
Didn't watch it all....is that a trailer park boys video or a night out in wallsend?
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

for gods sake, go back to the uk!

looks like you enjoy a good rant and having done it on here, has finally made the decision for you to go back!

like iaink and others have said, 5 mths is absolutely the WRONG time to make a decision about going back. i know, ive been in the same position, and one thing i'll tell you right now...my, how i regret coming back to the uk....hoodies everywhere, youth out of control, no respect for anyone or anything, welfare culture that panders to all and sundry etc etc....

well, its your decision, but i know in time you may live to regret it....thats if you really didnt want to emigrate in the first place anyway, which, if thats the case, you ahve wasted a huge load of time by moving there, not to mention the mental hassle for your son.

judging from your posts, the best place for someone of your beliefs is the UK...you'll fit in well!

Originally Posted by taichiiqueen
Just to update you, didn't need medical help for my son, just to get him out of Canada. BUT would have if we had stayed there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.