Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sending things via post?

Sending things via post?

Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice
Default Sending things via post?

We had the movers round on 15 December (since then we've been living at the mother in law's - deep joy) and in the period since then we've found the odd item that should have been shipped but wasn't. We're talking a bike helmet, pump, all the cables for the computer etc. I was thinking of sending them royal mail, since I suspect we'll be over our luggage limit as it is, but I'm not quite certain what the deal is re: Canadian customs? The nice man at the post office gave me a customs form to stick on the outside of the box listing the contents and monetary value - is there some sort of limit to how much can be sent in this way? And will I need to declare it as goods to follow when I land, along with the stuff that's being shipped? And how does that work?

Forgive the uselessness, but as I said, I'm at my mother in law's and my mind is blown (and not in a good way).
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sending things via post?

Is there something special about the bike helmet and pump? I can understand the wires for the computer, but they do sell bike helmets and pumps here, and they aren't that expensive. I'm just thinking that those are bulky (helmet) heavy (pump) items, that would likely cost you more to ship than to buy new!