Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Selling UK property while in Canada

Selling UK property while in Canada

Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

oztokyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling UK property while in Canada

I want to sell my apartment in the UK, currently rented to a corporation. I'm looking for the best approach to sell - the property could be on the market for a while and I don't want to annoy occupants with visits - though this will be unavoidable. Anyone else done the same?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:53 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling UK property while in Canada

Originally Posted by oztokyo
I want to sell my apartment in the UK, currently rented to a corporation. I'm looking for the best approach to sell - the property could be on the market for a while and I don't want to annoy occupants with visits - though this will be unavoidable. Anyone else done the same?
Yes.

Instruct an agent to sell, confirm with the tenants (corporation), provide each party with contact details, potentially sweeten the tenants with an incentive to allow access and/or make it presentable if needed.

Then sit back and do nothing until the offers come flying in.

Accept offer, give tenants notice, assign a solicitor.

Fill out a few bits of paper. Send it off. Get the money. Sorted.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

oztokyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, and let's throw in resolution of the problem in Syria. I'll convince China, you do Russia on behalf of the UN

The sweetner - guessing the only option there is rent reduction.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:16 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oztokyo
Hey, and let's throw in resolution of the problem in Syria. I'll convince China, you do Russia on behalf of the UN

The sweetner - guessing the only option there is rent reduction.
Only if necessary.