Reload this Page >

Schools in Halifax NS

Schools in Halifax NS

Old May 12th 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Minion007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools in Halifax NS

Hi,

My family and I are in the process of apply for PR and I am starting to look at schools for my kids who will be 14 & 13 when we move. I cant seem to find any grading system which tells me how good the schools are, something like the OFSTED system we have in the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old May 12th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in Halifax NS

Originally Posted by Minion007
I cant seem to find any grading system which tells me how good the schools are, something like the OFSTED system we have in the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
They dont exist.

When you arrive, you'll be allocated a school based on where you live. You get very little say in which school your child will go to.
Old May 12th 2014, 5:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi,

My family and I are in the process of apply for PR and I am starting to look at schools for my kids who will be 14 & 13 when we move. I cant seem to find any grading system which tells me how good the schools are, something like the OFSTED system we have in the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Here is a start: http://tinyurl.com/lnohq9a
Old May 12th 2014, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Minion007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, as we are able to choose where we live I was hoping someone would have an idea where I could find info on the individual schools performance.
Old May 12th 2014, 7:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, as we are able to choose where we live I was hoping someone would have an idea where I could find info on the individual schools performance.
Generally, Canada doesn't have school performance reports. Those that are available are not necessarily unbiased. School testing for students I believe is not compulsary, so you may not get a result that is accurate.

You could take a look at this one, if you feel that it would help, but the majority of schools are much of a muchness.

http://www.aims.ca/site/media/aims/RC6TableNS.pdf

You may want to look at the D of E for NS to ascertain the boundaries for each school board. http://www.ednet.ns.ca/contact/schools.shtml

Last edited by Siouxie; May 12th 2014 at 7:49 pm.
Old May 12th 2014, 8:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You have looked at Canada? You realize its economy is based on resource extraction and management. Education is not a top priority. They don't worry about school performance here.