Saskatchewan?

Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:58 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice
Default Re: Saskatchewan?

Originally Posted by Aatjjj
Hi
Weve been looking an hoping to move to Canada for a while now, but the timing wasnt right then when it was hubbys job disappeared from the noc, which left us looking for that elusive job offer

Well an opportunity (early days yet...) has come up in Saskatchewan....now its not somewhere we know or have considered before, we have family and friends in BC and Ontario.........

But...It looks like it could be our chance.....were both getting older (33 this year) and its one of those things, i know how hard it is to get a job offer and sponsorship ....hubby is a building project manager, we was hoping this may appear again on the list this year and then it wasnt even updated.....

Can anyone tell me is this a place you would consider..? we have a young family...oboviously we will def visit before commiting ourselves but wondered is anyone has any experience or comments on the area.
I say try it and see, you can always move at a later date. From our experience, we love Saskatchewan and cannot wait to get there.. yep, it's flat, yep it's cold in winter, but there is something for everyone there. We have visited for a month at a time in each season, and it can't get better for us.

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:02 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulieLord
I say try it and see, you can always move at a later date. From our experience, we love Saskatchewan and cannot wait to get there.. yep, it's flat, yep it's cold in winter, but there is something for everyone there. We have visited for a month at a time in each season, and it can't get better for us.

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Is there a month of spring? There doesnt seem to be in Ontario...
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Is there a month of spring? There doesnt seem to be in Ontario...
I think the only province in Canada with a real spring (March, April, May) is BC. And even then, it's only on the coast.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:03 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lychee
I think the only province in Canada with a real spring (March, April, May) is BC. And even then, it's only on the coast.
Certainly get a springtime in the southern interior too. Snow thawed and gone by mid March at the lower elevations, gradual increase of warmth, spring showers and grass cutting commences in April. Irrigation season starts in May, first hay cut end of June or early July.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

I like Saskatchewan, I was dissappointed that it isn't as flat as everyone says The drive from Edmonton to Calgary is flatter and more boring.

We're moving to near Melfort, SK, soon and we can't actually wait but we are going to a lakeside village with a good few hills around it.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Aatjjj is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replys.......will see what happens from here.....