Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Salad Cream in Canada?

Salad Cream in Canada?

Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:20 am
Anyone for a brew?

The Edge will become famous soon enoughThe Edge will become famous soon enough
Talking Salad Cream in Canada?

Hi guys, we are heading for Vancouver at the end of December. Amongst other really important things, one thing I really would like to know is.... Can you buy Heinz Salad Cream in Canada? I can cope with most cultural differences, but subsituting Salad Cream for Mayo will cause me havoc!!

Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salad Cream in Canada?

Originally Posted by The Edge
Hi guys, we are heading for Vancouver at the end of December. Amongst other really important things, one thing I really would like to know is.... Can you buy Heinz Salad Cream in Canada? I can cope with most cultural differences, but subsituting Salad Cream for Mayo will cause me havoc!!

You sure can, i have a bottle in my fridge right now, I get mine at Sobeys in the condiments aisle. and you can also get it in No Frills. im not sure if these stores are in Vancouver, but im sure you will get more replies.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:40 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you on that
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:29 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Also at Great Canadian Super Store (or whatever the big Green places are called).
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough

You can get it, it's sub-titled "English Dressing" or something strange like that.
It's expensive though, and annoyingly only available in glass bottles that attract lots of yellowy goo around the lid, and of course you can't get the last bit out.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:54 pm
Anyone for a brew?

Thanks for the advice guys. I can now confidently make the move from the UK.

Adding a bit of vinegar tends to encourage those last bits of 'English Dressing' out of the jar. Not that I am addicted or anything....
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I remember I used to absolutely love Salad Cream, however, I now find it has rather a strong taste for me. I still eat it sometimes. I bought a bottle of The Keg Dijon dressing - something like that - from Sobey's and it tastes very much like Salad Cream.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:46 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I remember I used to absolutely love Salad Cream, however, I now find it has rather a strong taste for me. I still eat it sometimes. I bought a bottle of The Keg Dijon dressing - something like that - from Sobey's and it tastes very much like Salad Cream.
All this salad cream talk has made me hungary (Big thick crust with butter and salad cream ) Mmmmmmmm
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

We found ours in IGA and I always stock up when we go there...sad or what!!!

Still haven"t found the wife a M&S equivilant ......the money I am saving LOL!!!!

She too isn't happy that she cannot find white lasagne sauce in a jar....what do this women want!!

pete
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice guys. I can now confidently make the move from the UK.

Adding a bit of vinegar tends to encourage those last bits of 'English Dressing' out of the jar. Not that I am addicted or anything....
I knew a girl in Leeds who ate Salad Cream with everything. Is this a Leeds thing?
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:03 pm
Anyone for a brew?

Cool Re: Salad Cream in Canada?

Either it is a Leeds thing or the girl you knew in Leeds was my other half!!
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:08 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Lionel_in_Ontario
I knew a girl in Leeds who ate Salad Cream with everything. Is this a Leeds thing?
I used to know somwone that put red sauce on everything, including his sunday roast. EER
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sans
I used to know somwone that put red sauce on everything, including his sunday roast. EER
My brother puts sweet chilli sauce (that oriental style stuff) on his roasts. Looks very bizarre mixed in with gravy.

Personally, I put habanero or scotch bonnet sauces on everything.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Either it is a Leeds thing or the girl you knew in Leeds was my other half!!
I withdraw my earlier statement, I know nobody in Leeds and i've never been there in my life!
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

i bought salad cream from the uk shop , ( i thought i bought a case of it !! ) but i have bought the bottle from no frills , it has a slightly more vinagery taste but that may just be me , kids are fine with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.