Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rock the Gas Bar

Rock the Gas Bar

Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rock the Gas Bar

This morning I heard a news report on the radio saying a 'gas bar' was robbed. I'd never heard the term before but guessed it was a petrol station but double checked with my wife, she said "Of course it is, haven't you ever heard that Clash song" - too funny!!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rock the Gas Bar

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
This morning I heard a news report on the radio saying a 'gas bar' was robbed. I'd never heard the term before but guessed it was a petrol station but double checked with my wife, she said "Of course it is, haven't you ever heard that Clash song" - too funny!!
Try watching this on TV

http://www.cornergas.com/
Old Nov 27th 2005, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Usually a gas bar means it just sells gas and has a convenience store - as opposed to a service station which is "full service"!

Going to try maple syruping again this coming march?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:10 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Loved that song!
That puts a new spin on it though! I'll have to dig it out and play it again
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willmore
Going to try maple syruping again this coming march?
Yeah, I'll try again, seeing as I've bought all the buckets. I think I just started a couple of weeks too late this year.

My wife has started a compost but we're not sure what will happen to it over the winter, any ideas?

I encountered my first roundabout in a year and a half, it freaked me out! It was like I was just barreling into the corner way too fast - guess I'm more used to four way stops now.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

The two radio stations in Swift Current try (I presume) to save money by playing a lot of oldies and I've been hearing this a lot recently....It'll never be the same again
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has started a compost but we're not sure what will happen to it over the winter, any ideas?
Ours stops rotting. It starts composting again in the spring. This means that we have a compost bin for each year we've lived in the house.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:33 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'll try again, seeing as I've bought all the buckets. I think I just started a couple of weeks too late this year.

I encountered my first roundabout in a year and a half, it freaked me out! It was like I was just barreling into the corner way too fast - guess I'm more used to four way stops now.
Is that the big sucker at the bottom of Hull?

It makes me laugh. You can tell the people who haven't been though it before. They sit there, wide-eyed, clearly thinking: "WTF am I meant to do now?".
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Good luck to you - let me know how it goes this time. Have great memories of maple syrupying in Ontario as a kid.

Living in Ottawa it is probably already frozen - so not much you can do till the spring. We usually turn our over (or jim does) several times over the winter and add material to help it compost faster as well as add all t he soil that was left over from our greenhouse planting.

Hows the little one these days? Think its long past due to post some new photos of the little guy - bet he's really grown!

Karma sent!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Is that the big sucker at the bottom of Hull?
No, it's the one by the Experimental Farm.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willmore
Hows the little one these days? Think its long past due to post some new photos of the little guy - bet he's really grown!

Karma sent!
Thanks for the good vibes.

Charlie is doing great . . . . four teeth, weighs a ton, runs everywhere, chases the cats, scared of the guy in the tiget suit at Giant Tiger, gone really blonde, has a girlfriend at daycare, loves cheese, is a big boy now, mother wants a little sister!

I've put a picture up in the Gallery, hopefully this will link you to it:-
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/showphoto.php photo=4716&cat=500&page=1

Thanks for remembering, I'm a little bit touched.