Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Returning to UK with a dog

Returning to UK with a dog

Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:34 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Returning to UK with a dog

Just an update

I have just spoken to a lovely lady at the Animal Reception Centre at LHR. As long as I have the pet passport (which I have) then that is all they require. They will issue me with a customs form when I have booked the flight and that needs to be filled in and returned. (Can be done by email or fax).

She told me which flea and tapeworm treatments to get done.

She assures me that there is nothing else to pay apart from what I pay Air Canada as their charges are all inclusive.

She has told me where the centre is to collect my dog when I arrive.

She was wonderful . Totally put my mind at rest and said I could phone if there was anything else I wished to know. Nothing was any problem and I now feel so much happier.

Good karma and a bunch of flowers to that woman!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:31 pm
Livin' it large in BC.

Chops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to allChops is a name known to all

Ah yes, I remember now, the injection from the vet was the for tapeworm, the spray was tick/fleas.

Just goes to prove what I always believe regarding forums and the Internet in general: Never believe 100% what you read, instead use it as a starting point and research from there.

Another thing we were told was to get letters from the vets to say the dog was healthy and fit to travel. We got these and no one bothered to check or even ask for them

Something else that came up was the YYC cargo people tried saying the crate wasn't suitable even though it had been ok on the way out, was IATA approved and easily big enough according the rules!

Ian.

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Just an update

I have just spoken to a lovely lady at the Animal Reception Centre at LHR. As long as I have the pet passport (which I have) then that is all they require. They will issue me with a customs form when I have booked the flight and that needs to be filled in and returned. (Can be done by email or fax).

She told me which flea and tapeworm treatments to get done.

She assures me that there is nothing else to pay apart from what I pay Air Canada as their charges are all inclusive.

She has told me where the centre is to collect my dog when I arrive.

She was wonderful . Totally put my mind at rest and said I could phone if there was anything else I wished to know. Nothing was any problem and I now feel so much happier.

Good karma and a bunch of flowers to that woman!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:55 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chops
Ah yes, I remember now, the injection from the vet was the for tapeworm, the spray was tick/fleas.

Just goes to prove what I always believe regarding forums and the Internet in general: Never believe 100% what you read, instead use it as a starting point and research from there.

Another thing we were told was to get letters from the vets to say the dog was healthy and fit to travel. We got these and no one bothered to check or even ask for them

Something else that came up was the YYC cargo people tried saying the crate wasn't suitable even though it had been ok on the way out, was IATA approved and easily big enough according the rules!

Ian.
Well hopefully I have it all organised now - bar the flights. Thanks for all your info. It has been great and really appreciated. Karma sent.