Renting

Old Oct 30th 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Renting

I am looking to see how much it will cost me / I need to rent for a year.

I have found a couple of properties that are fully furnished and include utilities.

Can anyone tell me what other costs I'm likely to have to find apart from food.
Will I have to pay property tax or any kind of home insurance?
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:01 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting

Originally Posted by kevinm
I am looking to see how much it will cost me / I need to rent for a year.

I have found a couple of properties that are fully furnished and include utilities.

Can anyone tell me what other costs I'm likely to have to find apart from food.
Will I have to pay property tax or any kind of home insurance?
You'll pay insurance on any possessions of your own if you choose to do so. Property taxes are normally included in your rent unless otherwise stated. Other overheads could be TV (cable or satellite), internet and home phone line.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R I C H
You'll pay insurance on any possessions of your own if you choose to do so. Property taxes are normally included in your rent unless otherwise stated. Other overheads could be TV (cable or satellite), internet and home phone line.
Thanks Rich.
I'll need a car as well I guess, 2nd hand cars look pretty expensive compared to say a new dodge. So on top I'll need car insurance.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:44 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rich.
I'll need a car as well I guess, 2nd hand cars look pretty expensive compared to say a new dodge. So on top I'll need car insurance.
Buy a new dodge and expect to lose 50% at time of resale. Buy used and a lot of the depreciation has been taken by the original buyer. Perosnally, I have never bought new, try for an ex dealer demo is as near as I get. Domestics depreciate faster than imports as a rule.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rich.
The price of the car may pale into insignficance when you take a look at the insurance!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:13 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are renting a house, they may also ding you with paying the water bill, heating and if there is a cost for garbage collection. Like RICH says though, they usually state what they are.

If you're renting a fully furnished place, chances are you won't need contents insurance.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawk13
If you are renting a house, they may also ding you with paying the water bill, heating and if there is a cost for garbage collection. Like RICH says though, they usually state what they are.

If you're renting a fully furnished place, chances are you won't need contents insurance.
I'm hoping that utilities included will be everything apart from what we need personally like car / mobile phone(s)
If that is the case I need to earn a lot less then I 1st thought, saying that I will want to buy at some point
Old Oct 31st 2012, 3:29 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure where you are heading, but in BC there is a section of the residential tenancy contract for the landlord to indicate what is, and what isn't, included in the rent. You need to check this before signing.

Renter's insurance, which covers your contents, is readily available.