Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK passport

Renewal of UK passport

Old May 9th 2009, 4:52 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of UK passport

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
hi, i did the same as u filled out the credit card sheet..u can call the passport place in ottawa..they will be able to tell u what is happening with it..go to ukincanada..cant remember the rest but should get u somewhere and the number is there to call
The British High Commission in Canada website is at http://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en
Old May 9th 2009, 6:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2Huskies
Has anyone used the passport production centre in Washington to renew their passport & what was the timeframe in getting it back?, thanks.
Interesting that you guys now have to use Washington - in Australia we are about to move to UK passport processing through Auckland, NZ.
Lots of concerns here over greater time delays etc, so its interesting to see whether it makes things a lot more complex because the office is in a third party country - ie for me in Aus, I have to apply through NZ for a UK passport.
Old May 9th 2009, 6:47 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Interesting that you guys now have to use Washington - in Australia we are about to move to UK passport processing through Auckland, NZ.
Lots of concerns here over greater time delays etc, so its interesting to see whether it makes things a lot more complex because the office is in a third party country - ie for me in Aus, I have to apply through NZ for a UK passport.
Wouldn't it have made more sense for NZ passports to go through Australia? Or are there more Brits in NZ than in Oz?
Old May 9th 2009, 10:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Wouldn't it have made more sense for NZ passports to go through Australia? Or are there more Brits in NZ than in Oz?
Very little that happens over here makes sense
Old May 14th 2009, 4:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TonyD
"wishing" isn't very reliable. We need a way of alerting the Embassy to the egregious 6+ week delays that are occurring. The needless upset and misery this causes is easy to fix - if they hear about it. Anyone got a contact at the Embassy on Washington ?
Those who have made the effort to stay on the electoral roll as overseas voters should write to their Members of Parliament and ask that the situation in these Embassies be brought to the attention of the Foreign Secretary.

It might also be worth writing to the Shadow Foreign Secretary as this is an issue very relevant to overseas British citizens and he might have a viewpoint on it.
Old May 14th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

brizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Really !! I used to work at the BHC in Wellington and there was always a lot of talk about creating 'super-hub' passport centres. I would always have assumed it would be either Wellington or Canberra for Aus/NZ. I'm amazed that they'd move everyone/open a new facility in Auckland. The CG there was pretty small. Most people apply via mail anyway, so why Auckland? Have you got any links?
Old May 14th 2009, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brizzle
Really !! I used to work at the BHC in Wellington and there was always a lot of talk about creating 'super-hub' passport centres. I would always have assumed it would be either Wellington or Canberra for Aus/NZ. I'm amazed that they'd move everyone/open a new facility in Auckland. The CG there was pretty small. Most people apply via mail anyway, so why Auckland? Have you got any links?
According to the FCO in Australia website, it's still done at Canberra for Brits living in Australia.

The UK in New Zealand website says that theirs are still being done in Wellington.

No mention of a move on either website as far as I can see yet, and the Canada move to the USA change had warnings 3 months ahead if I remember correctly. The Canberra Times has an article stating a July changover, though it says that the transfer will be to Wellington, NZ.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; May 14th 2009 at 6:12 am.
Old May 14th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the Washington office had an influx of applications in March, then the machine broke and so processing times are now back at 6 weeks.
Abtrans can't tell you if the application has been processed or not. They have taken our money, but no passport as yet.
\Fingers crossed it comes back in time.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice

They received mine on April 16 and money was taken on May 12, so hopefully it will arive next week..................
Old May 14th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

i got mine back about 2 weeks ago, it took roughly 5 weeks, I applied at the beginning of March.
Old May 14th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazchug
They received mine on April 16 and money was taken on May 12, so hopefully it will arive next week..................
Sent OH off in early April, payment taken April 27th - still waiting..............
Old May 14th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by misplacedheidi
Sent OH off in early April, payment taken April 27th - still waiting..............
How much did you pay to get rid of him??
Old May 15th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
How much did you pay to get rid of him??
Quite a lot. It's those blinking US dollars!

UPS tried to deliver something today, so he might be back!
But it's the long weekend and so it has to wait till Tuesday - shame!

Nearly OK to travel again.................
Old May 16th 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

ernieentwhistle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2Huskies
Has anyone used the passport production centre in Washington to renew their passport & what was the timeframe in getting it back?, thanks.
Four weeks and two days.....cost $234 (plus $15 postage etc)
Best way to pay ?......Money order

UPS phoned up the night before informing me of delivery on the next day to ensure someone would be at home as they need a signature.

Last edited by ernieentwhistle; May 16th 2009 at 3:50 am.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

CP2908 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those still waiting for passport renewals.

My application arrived in Washington April 20th, money taken from credit card May 12th. I emailed the consulate in Ottowa yesterday and had a reply from them this morning to say that according to the passport centre my passport renewal is in the final stages of processing and should be sent out in the next few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.