Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK passport

Renewal of UK passport

Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

2Huskies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal of UK passport

Has anyone used the passport production centre in Washington to renew their passport & what was the timeframe in getting it back?, thanks.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: Renewal of UK passport

Originally Posted by 2Huskies
Has anyone used the passport production centre in Washington to renew their passport & what was the timeframe in getting it back?, thanks.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...renew+passport

check out this thread
Old Apr 17th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Yungster is an unknown quantity at this point

Washington received my passport renewal application on March 18 and i got the passport today. So it takes about one month.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

2Huskies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yungster
Washington received my passport renewal application on March 18 and i got the passport today. So it takes about one month.
That's about the timeline i was expecting, thanks.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, i sent my son's passport off to washington in feb09, it too 10 working day exactly..but i did send it when they had a busy period..so it may come back sooner
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Sent mine off 3 weeks ago... nothing yet. i know it was received in washington as i used the tracking on the couriers website.

How did you pay the fee's? i filled out a credit card form and included it in the application.

I hope there's no delay as i found out last week that I have to go back to England in 6 weeks!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, i did the same as u filled out the credit card sheet..u can call the passport place in ottawa..they will be able to tell u what is happening with it..go to ukincanada..cant remember the rest but should get u somewhere and the number is there to call
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

shrek1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there, I havent sent my documents off yet, but I cant believe all the crap you have to go through, I'm just doing a name change, and its going to cost $200 in US Dollars, what gives?? what happened to dealing with OTTAWA? and to add a sour note to it we now have to liaise with Washington DC, what the heck do they have to do with UK Passports??:curse: I also think the people you call and speak with regarding passports need a lesson in communication and being polite
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shrek1969
Hey there, I havent sent my documents off yet, but I cant believe all the crap you have to go through, I'm just doing a name change, and its going to cost $200 in US Dollars, what gives?? what happened to dealing with OTTAWA? and to add a sour note to it we now have to liaise with Washington DC, what the heck do they have to do with UK Passports??
Considering it's a British Embassy, probably quite a lot.

You need to get used to the idea that most countries no longer have tens of small passport issuing offices across the globes.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi, i know it seems expensive $200..but i would assume they have to check into u in the UK.. also they are probably not just dealing with UK passports either and it is probably the same amount in pounds if u do it in the UK...
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Yungster is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to change my name on the passport too but i needed to renew it because my passport expired in June 09 so it didn't cost me anything extra - just the renewal fee. If you filled out the credit card form, it is best to call them to find out the status of your application. You should get your passport within 10 workings days after they have taken the fees from your credit card.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

penny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nice

just got it-5 - 6 weeks
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

I renewed my last month and it took only a couple of weeks to come back.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Wish mine would hurry up, i sent it off almost a month ago.... they havent even took the payment off my credit card yet. Im supposed to be travelling in 6 weeks! Im also assuming I filled everything out properly and my photos were acceptable!

I had so much time to get this done, why oh why did i wait until last minute?:curse:
Old May 8th 2009, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

TonyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
Wish mine would hurry up, i sent it off almost a month ago.... they havent even took the payment off my credit card yet. Im supposed to be travelling in 6 weeks! Im also assuming I filled everything out properly and my photos were acceptable!

I had so much time to get this done, why oh why did i wait until last minute?:curse:
"wishing" isn't very reliable. We need a way of alerting the Embassy to the egregious 6+ week delays that are occurring. The needless upset and misery this causes is easy to fix - if they hear about it. Anyone got a contact at the Embassy on Washington ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.