Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:26 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

Any ideas of a good tour operator from Toronto to Niagara Falls?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

My parents just used the greyhound bus to get there. Once you are there the parks commision has funky shuttle buses running the length of the parkway which gets you around the sites well enough for a single fee. If you have the time and inclination there are many local tours you can sign up for on spec once there to take in the wineries or Niagara on the lake etc.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Two people could rent a car cheaper than doing a tour. Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Niagara Parkway to Niagara on the Lake; skip all the rest, it's tat.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:38 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
Two people could rent a car cheaper than doing a tour. Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Niagara Parkway to Niagara on the Lake; skip all the rest, it's tat.
Please suggest car rentals. Thank you.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:41 pm
Duke of Africa

Originally Posted by iaink
My parents just used the greyhound bus to get there. Once you are there the parks commision has funky shuttle buses running the length of the parkway which gets you around the sites well enough for a single fee. If you have the time and inclination there are many local tours you can sign up for on spec once there to take in the wineries or Niagara on the lake etc.
I got a quote for $40 from Toronto to Niagara Falls for tomorrow 08/12/2009. However I was wondering how much the local tours will cost at Niagara Falls. Any ideas?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandavid
Please suggest car rentals. Thank you.
When arranging a car for visitors I call all the big names specifying that I want to pick the car up downtown; Discount, Hertz, Budget, etc invariably one of them has a deal cheaper than the independents. Make sure to check that you credit card provides insurance so you can sign the CDW. If all else fails there's Rent a Wreck.

Last edited by dbd33; Aug 11th 2009 at 7:46 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by bryandavid
I got a quote for $40 from Toronto to Niagara Falls for tomorrow 08/12/2009. However I was wondering how much the local tours will cost at Niagara Falls. Any ideas?
Maid of the Mist about $15. Cave of the Winds US$11. Immigration fee US$6.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Maid of the Mist about $15. Cave of the Winds US$11. Immigration fee US$6.
You can do both those on the Canadian side...

The only thing worth the hassle of crossing over is the boardwalk experience at the foot of the US falls / bridal veil. But if its not a hot day you might be cold wet and miserable for the rest of the day!

Been a while since I've been, Commercial tours of the wineries etc used to be in that 20-40 range IIRC, but as dbd says if you are only there for a day I wouldnt worry about it. If its rainy the butterfly conservatory is a good fall back place to visit... and also in the parks commision people carrier route.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty cool too
http://www.niagarafallstours.net/tou...FQQjawodJUVQog
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You can do both those on the Canadian side...

The only thing worth the hassle of crossing over is the boardwalk experience at the foot of the US falls / bridal veil.
That's the Cave of the Winds. It's in a State Park, you have to walk across to America to the entrance. Nice walk, btw, good view from the bridge. There is a little tunnel thing on the Canadian side but it's not as exciting as standing in the hotel shower while someone flushes the toilet.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

it's not as exciting as standing in the hotel shower while someone flushes the toilet.
The mind boggles!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

We got the train down there from Toronto - lovely journey and nice carriages. You have to get a cab from the station to the Falls but it's only a few dollars.

I loved Maid of the Mist, I found the Behind the Falls a little disappointing although it did amuse me how soaked my OH got before realising which direction the wind was blowing!

If you have time I would pop up to Niagara on the Lake as well - we cycled there in a couple of hours but think there are buses that go there.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

That's the Cave of the Winds. It's in a State Park, you have to walk across to America to the entrance. Nice walk, btw, good view from the bridge. There is a little tunnel thing on the Canadian side but it's not as exciting as standing in the hotel shower while someone flushes the toilet.
Right you are, I was confusing it with the canadian "Journey behind the falls", which is OK, and a good close up view of the horseshoe falls, but not quite in the same league as the Cave of the winds in the state park on the US side.

Far as I know the maid of the mist is essentially the same whichever side of the river you launch from. Another one for a hot day as those lovely blue plastic ponchos are more for show than effective protection, but pretty much a "must do" regardless

If walking to the US side, prepare to be treated with suspicion by US immigration! and have some US cash with you.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

If walking to the US side, prepare to be treated with suspicion by US immigration! and have some US cash with you.
As long as you're over there you can get every prejudice about the US confirmed by walking beyond the park to Niagara Falls NY. It's not lovely.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

As long as you're over there you can get every prejudice about the US confirmed by walking beyond the park to Niagara Falls NY. It's not lovely.
LOL, it's a very long way from lovely! The train route through the wilds of Niagara NY down through Buffallo must be one of the most desolate for many many miles. The falls state park though is pretty nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.