Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:05 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reliable Tour Operator to Niagara Falls

Originally Posted by Tempest
We got the train down there from Toronto - lovely journey and nice carriages. You have to get a cab from the station to the Falls but it's only a few dollars.

I loved Maid of the Mist, I found the Behind the Falls a little disappointing although it did amuse me how soaked my OH got before realising which direction the wind was blowing!

If you have time I would pop up to Niagara on the Lake as well - we cycled there in a couple of hours but think there are buses that go there.
Tempest,

What is the train route from Toronto to Niagara. Where do I catch the train from? And how much is the cost of the train and cab from the station to Niagara?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandavid
Tempest,

What is the train route from Toronto to Niagara. Where do I catch the train from? And how much is the cost of the train and cab from the station to Niagara?
There's a big billboard alongside the Gardiner announcing that there's now GO transit to Niagara, you could look here www.gotransit.com

Let me simplify: http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/d...alls.htm#Fares
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:12 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandavid
Tempest,

Goes from union station (downtown TO, near the air canada center, Royal York Hotel etc)

Pricing will depend when you book. Check out the via rail site for cost, schedule etc, it goes via hamilton, st catherines etc, around the horseshoe.

www.viarail.ca

Generally its going to cost more and run less frequently than getting the greyhound bus
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:50 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iaink
Goes from union station (downtown TO, near the air canada center, Royal York Hotel etc)

Pricing will depend when you book. Check out the via rail site for cost, schedule etc, it goes via hamilton, st catherines etc, around the horseshoe.

www.viarail.ca

Generally its going to cost more and run less frequently than getting the greyhound bus
GO Transit cost less at $31.80 for a return ticket, however it only runs weekend services and holidays.

Greyhound buses cost $40 for a return ticket and runs everyday

VIA Rail cost more at $63 for a return ticket and also runs weekdays.

I am opting for Greyhound buses as I intend to go to Niagara falls on a week day.