Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Reliability screening

Reliability screening

Old Mar 28th 2022, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Ucon_25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reliability screening

Hi all, hopefully this hasn’t been asked before.

I have just been give a conditional offer of employment in Canada, which I’m super excited about. However, I’ve just been informed that it is subject to security clearance and a reliability check. I am absolutely fine with the police check as I have never been in any trouble. But I believe part of the check is that the Canadian government will perform a UK credit check.

I’m somewhat ashamed to admit the my credit profile isn’t the best, although never been bankrupt or enrolled in a debt arrangement scheme, have no intention of abandoning any debt and have made a concerted effort to get back on track.

My question is, do they actually check your UK credit and how do they do it?

Last edited by Ucon_25; Mar 28th 2022 at 5:16 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2022, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reliability screening

Originally Posted by Ucon_25
Hi all, hopefully this hasn’t been asked before.

I have just been give a conditional offer of employment in Canada, which I’m super excited about. However, I’ve just been informed that it is subject to security clearance and a reliability check. I am absolutely fine with the police check as I have never been in any trouble. But I believe part of the check is that the Canadian government will perform a UK credit check.

I’m somewhat ashamed to admit the my credit profile isn’t the best, although never been bankrupt or enrolled in a debt arrangement scheme, have no intention of abandoning any debt and have made a concerted effort to get back on track.

My question is, do they actually check your UK credit and how do they do it?
Hi, welcome to BE.

This thread has some useful info in - Security Clearance

Best of luck with it.
Old Mar 28th 2022, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Ucon_25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reliability screening

Thank you, I will have a read through that thread