Refund from Air Canada

Refund from Air Canada

Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:38 am
T4T
Forum Regular

T4T will become famous soon enoughT4T will become famous soon enough
Default Refund from Air Canada

Hi
My children (aged 7 & 10) and I have a return ticket from Toronto to London Heathrow which is due to expire in Mar '13. I'm contemplating on requesting for a refund as opposed to using the ticket and was wondering if it'll worth my while. Has anyone done this before and if so, approximately did you get back?

Many thanks in advance.
T4T
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Refund from Air Canada

Originally Posted by T4T
Hi
My children (aged 7 & 10) and I have a return ticket from Toronto to London Heathrow which is due to expire in Mar '13. I'm contemplating on requesting for a refund as opposed to using the ticket and was wondering if it'll worth my while. Has anyone done this before and if so, approximately did you get back?

Many thanks in advance.
T4T
We got about GBP#100 per ticket about 3 years ago. This was on a supposedly non -refundable ticket. In fact, the (rude) person I spoke to on the phone told me I would get nothing, and if I didn't believe her to e-mail the revenue department ([email protected]) with my booking reference telling them I was seeking a refund.

A few weeks later, my account was credited.

Last edited by wolstie; Jan 7th 2013 at 1:22 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refund from Air Canada

You can request it, but if its a non-refundable ticket, don't expect a full refund. They may refund the taxes and fees, but don't expect a refund on the full fare.