Reload this Page >

Recommended Suite Hotel in Vancouver

Recommended Suite Hotel in Vancouver

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

justdoit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended Suite Hotel in Vancouver

Originally Posted by chazcanning
We've just come back from our recce we stayed at the Lord Stanley Suites on the park 1899 Alberni St views of the harbour, Grouse mountain and of course stanley park we had our 2 daughers with us ( 5 & 2 ) so having the park there was a god send plenty to do for them . Where in NI are you I'm originally from Armagh. hope to be in Maple Ridge by the end of June Good luck chaz
From Belfast myself.

I'm looking for somewhere within reasonable walking distance to Stanley park for the kids and the wife wants a hotel with views of the Canada day fireworks (cos kids will be in bed by that time - flight next day). Dunno how practical that is given our budget though.

Thanks for all the replys so far. We have looked at most of the places mentioned on Tripadvisor. The Sunset suites one of the ones on the shortlist for us. Anyone any thoughts on Le Soliel hotel & suites?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:20 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justdoit
From Belfast myself.

I'm looking for somewhere within reasonable walking distance to Stanley park for the kids and the wife wants a hotel with views of the Canada day fireworks (cos kids will be in bed by that time - flight next day). Dunno how practical that is given our budget though.
The Canada Day fireworks are in the harbour (Burrard Inlet) so you'll need a place on the north side of downtown if you want to see them from your room. Maybe some place on the western half of Robson Street will be the best location.

Try the Pacific Palisades hotel. Suites from $252 a night.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ubcconferences.com/accommodation
Have a look at the UBC summer accomodation
which is quite reasonable for Vancouver.
Easy transportation and UBC is very beautiful.
Then move to the expensive hotel near Stanley Park
or Canada Place to watch the fireworks on the last
night of your stay.Just $ averaging.
Yoong
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:04 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
We stayed here twice, and as Ben said, it was very nice ....... it's called the Rosedale on Robson I think

Yep ........ here it is http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/
I agree. You can also have the complimentary breakfast beside the pool, unless it's changed since I stayed there.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

buggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to all

Hi,
We are staying in Vancouver for a week over the Canada day celebrations as the last leg of our reccie trip/holiday.
Can anyone recommend a good suite hotel or equivalent downtown that would be suitable? We are travelling with baby and toddler and will be relying on public transport.
Thanks
Hi, We love to stay at the Sandman suites on Davie street, very modern and has kitchen etc...Well well placed for downtown Vancouver.
Buggalugs
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed at the century spa and plaza for a few days in january, reasonable cost, pretty clean, central, could walk to many things, little supermarket almost next door and kitchen in the apartment we had. Only downside was the nightime line up of homeless at the church next door and the continual stream of people begging or in the general area, dont think that was the hotels fault just downtown vancover in general, you would probably get that at almost any hotel.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We are staying in Vancouver for a week over the Canada day celebrations as the last leg of our reccie trip/holiday.
Can anyone recommend a good suite hotel or equivalent downtown that would be suitable? We are travelling with baby and toddler and will be relying on public transport.
Thanks
Try the Rosedale on Robson, or the Sandman on Davie
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

From Belfast myself.

The Sunset suites one of the ones on the shortlist for us. Anyone any thoughts on Le Soliel hotel & suites?
We stayed there for two weeks when we first landed in Canada (> 4 years ago now, so I doubt this opinion is very current). In 2004 we thought it was very good value, nice rooms and on a quiet street - just off Davie St in the west end, easy walk to downtown and the sea wall etc. It's a low rise building so no view of the fireworks though.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:44 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by san38
Try sandman suites, century plaza or try some hotels in burnaby vancouver. Vancouver hotels are usually expensive, please don't go to ymca loads of undesirables and gays. Sorry if i have offended anyone i am just verrrry straight in all its essence.
Are you sure you're not protesting too much?

Judging by your attitude to immigrants in the UK and gay people, are you sure you wouldn't find Perth Aus more to your liking, or maybe Texas?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

Cape blue and Bazz,

I am the traditional type christian minded person, Based on biblical teachings my principles and beliefs do stand.

Would you want your children living in a neighbourhood with all sorts of immorality? God hates the act and not the person. I am just pointing out that you may book into a hotel with a straight family and find that you encounter some undesirables. That is exactly what happened to me when i checked into sunset inn off Davie Street. I had homeless people harassing my teenage son. He is 15 i don't want men trying to have sex with him.

I Just hate the act not the person. Yes i want to live in a zone free island where there is no immorality- Heaven.

Come on i need some support with this topic, honest feedback. We all have children and have a responsibility to them.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:14 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

We all have children and have a responsibility to them.
Isn't part of your responsibility to ensure that they can understand, tolerate and cope with the world around them, rather than isolate them from different lifestyles?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

justdoit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the recommendations folks. There are quite a few that meet our requirements and we will make our decision over the weekend.
Ta everyone
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:14 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Cape blue and Bazz,

I am the traditional type christian minded person, Based on biblical teachings my principles and beliefs do stand.
What, even Leviticus 25:44?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:20 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Cape blue and Bazz,

Would you want your children living in a neighbourhood with all sorts of immorality? God hates the act and not the person. I am just pointing out that you may book into a hotel with a straight family and find that you encounter some undesirables. That is exactly what happened to me when i checked into sunset inn off Davie Street. I had homeless people harassing my teenage son. He is 15 i don't want men trying to have sex with him.

I Just hate the act not the person. Yes i want to live in a zone free island where there is no immorality- Heaven.

Come on i need some support with this topic, honest feedback. We all have children and have a responsibility to them.
I don't consider the "act" of homosexuality to be immoral. If paedophiles were trying to have sex with your underage son then that is a very different issue and one to never be confused with homosexuality.

I have no interest in your God or any other make-believe friends you may have, their opinion and teachings mean as much as those of Professor Dumbledore or Harry Potter, whose story seems somewhat similar to that of the Christians.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:19 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be happy if they nailed J. K. Rowling to a cross for her crimes against literature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.