British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Recommended Suite Hotel in Vancouver (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/recommended-suite-hotel-vancouver-531762/)

justdoit Apr 24th 2008 6:30 am

Recommended Suite Hotel in Vancouver

Hi,
We are staying in Vancouver for a week over the Canada day celebrations as the last leg of our reccie trip/holiday.
Can anyone recommend a good suite hotel or equivalent downtown that would be suitable? We are travelling with baby and toddler and will be relying on public transport.
Thanks

bazzz Apr 24th 2008 7:16 am

Re: Recommended Suite Hotel in Vancouver

Originally Posted by justdoit (Post 6257530)
Hi,
We are staying in Vancouver for a week over the Canada day celebrations as the last leg of our reccie trip/holiday.
Can anyone recommend a good suite hotel or equivalent downtown that would be suitable? We are travelling with baby and toddler and will be relying on public transport.
Thanks

Hmm. How rich are you? I'd work your way through the list at TripAdvisor until you hit something in your price range.

qman8166 Apr 24th 2008 7:19 am

Hi, when we were last in town on a recce, we stayed at the Renaissance, down by the waterside, very nice, relatively cheap too.

Mike

san38 Apr 24th 2008 8:47 am

Try sandman suites, century plaza or try some hotels in burnaby vancouver. Vancouver hotels are usually expensive, please don't go to ymca loads of undesirables and gays. Sorry if i have offended anyone i am just verrrry straight in all its essence.

Ben W Bell Apr 24th 2008 9:31 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

When we were there last we stayed in a fabulous suite hotel directly to the south of the library. May have been called the Robson Suites. Highly recommended and very reasonable when we booked it through Expedia. Stayed at the Century Plaza before and its not too bad.

Bigstar14 Apr 24th 2008 9:54 am

Hi,
Thanks

Have a look at Tripadvisor.com if you haven't already:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1...ia-Hotels.html

Their current No.1 Vancouver hotel (based on customer feedback) is Hampton Inn & Suites at average $254 per night. However at No.11 is Sunset Inn & Suites: cheaper and they appear to have good feedback. Judging by the photos they appear to be in Downtown area.

bandit Apr 24th 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by san38 (Post 6257909)
Try sandman suites, century plaza or try some hotels in burnaby vancouver. Vancouver hotels are usually expensive, please don't go to ymca loads of undesirables and gays. Sorry if i have offended anyone i am just verrrry straight in all its essence.

Hello

Just to say I stayed @ the YWCA on my reccie, and couldn't really fault it! It was BASIC, but charged as such. The staff were way nicer than they were at the Sandman hotel in Calgary! I was on an amazingly tight budget, and found it's location very good. Not sure it's a place suitable for a family though.

Have a nice trip however!

chazcanning Apr 24th 2008 1:19 pm

We've just come back from our recce we stayed at the Lord Stanley Suites on the park 1899 Alberni St views of the harbour, Grouse mountain and of course stanley park we had our 2 daughers with us ( 5 & 2 ) so having the park there was a god send plenty to do for them . Where in NI are you I'm originally from Armagh. hope to be in Maple Ridge by the end of June Good luck chaz

MikeUK Apr 24th 2008 2:12 pm

I'd suggest that you look at the Marriott Residence suits on hornby st

I'd ask for the corporate rate, pretend you work for one of Canada's bigger companies

bazzz Apr 24th 2008 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by san38 (Post 6257909)
Vancouver hotels are usually expensive, please don't go to ymca loads of undesirables and gays.

Canada, and Vancouver in particular, strikes me as a very odd choice of a place to move to if you're a homophobe. They're everywhere you know.

bananahammock Apr 24th 2008 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell (Post 6258114)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

When we were there last we stayed in a fabulous suite hotel directly to the south of the library. May have been called the Robson Suites. Highly recommended and very reasonable when we booked it through Expedia. Stayed at the Century Plaza before and its not too bad.

We stayed here twice, and as Ben said, it was very nice ....... it's called the Rosedale on Robson I think :)

Yep ........ here it is http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/

startwin Apr 24th 2008 3:14 pm

Hi,
Thanks

Friends of ours have stayed at Rosie's on Robson, and loved it. I'm not sure if it's actually called that, but close!:)

Ben W Bell Apr 24th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 6259535)
We stayed here twice, and as Ben said, it was very nice ....... it's called the Rosedale on Robson I think :)

Yep ........ here it is http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/

That's the one. Couldn't fault it. Decent sized suites for the price of a room in other places, plus it's an independent and fabulously located. Expedia gave us a good rate for it.

JonboyE Apr 24th 2008 3:31 pm

I always suggest the Sylvia Hotel to visitors. It has style and elegance at a reasonable price. It's right next to the beach and Stanley Park and 5 minutes walk to the bus stops on Denman Street. It is a bit of a hike from the downtown core (you would need a stroller for the toddler) but there are plenty of buses. Suites from around $200 in high season.

However, if you have san38's concerns, it is not in a gay free area.

justdoit Apr 24th 2008 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by bazzz (Post 6257646)
Hmm. How rich are you? I'd work your way through the list at TripAdvisor until you hit something in your price range.

Yeah, forgot to say - budget is roughly £100 ish per night.