Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Realtors in NS

Realtors in NS

Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Realtors in NS

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
What happened to that fella who was always going on about the north shore then suddenly became a realtor? I haven't seen a post from him at every opportunity for a while?

Rachel

PS We have been in the Annapolis Valley for a week now and are loving every minute - isn't NS fab!!
Thought I would just butt in and fint how the parrots made out on their journay across? Are you settling in well?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Hi Corky,\

They were completely underwhelmed by the whole experience, thanks for asking!

I was a nervous wreck for the whole journey, and when I picked them up in cargo, Miller said "hello" like nothing had happened! then he talked all the way to the valley, together with a few squarks from the macaws for company.

It's been hard work getting them used to the time difference, and new cages, which make the macaws look like budgies they are so huge - great having America on the doorstep lol

45 days quarantine in their "bedroom"then they can go outside and experience some of this glorious weather in a flight hubby is going to build for them, allegedly.

How's things with you?
Rachel
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Realtors in NS

Hi Corky,\

They were completely underwhelmed by the whole experience, thanks for asking!

I was a nervous wreck for the whole journey, and when I picked them up in cargo, Miller said "hello" like nothing had happened! then he talked all the way to the valley, together with a few squarks from the macaws for company.

It's been hard work getting them used to the time difference, and new cages, which make the macaws look like budgies they are so huge - great having America on the doorstep lol

45 days quarantine in their "bedroom"then they can go outside and experience some of this glorious weather in a flight hubby is going to build for them, allegedly.

How's things with you?
Rachel
So pleased to hear they made it with no problems. Who really knows whether they stay in their "bedroom" ? How big is this flight going to be?
We are doing just great and enjoying the weather and wishing for a bit of rain, the woods are so dry right now...the garden could use a downpour also.
Glad the move went well and the parrots are safe and sound.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Wondering if anyone can recommend a realtor for the Halifax area. We are going on a recci in a couple of weeks and want to sort out viewing some properties areas. I have had a couple of PMs already with recommendations (thanks to those who have already provided recommendations) but I'm going to take the advice and try out 3 to see which one suits us. I only need one more recommendation.

Thanks
Rgilbert
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

What happened to that fella who was always going on about the north shore then suddenly became a realtor? I haven't seen a post from him at every opportunity for a while?

Rachel

PS We have been in the Annapolis Valley for a week now and are loving every minute - isn't NS fab!!

Great to hear you are enjoying NS and the Annapolis Valley is a lovely place to live.

He (ontheboatout) became a sort after Realtor without the help of BE, unlike some mentioned on this thread. Just keep an eye on the UK Sunday papers or the Halifax Herald.
He originaly came on this site because of our experiences of the CI Stream and to let people know about this quicker way of getting residency in NS. Unfortunately just the mention of being on the beautiful North Shore would attract many negative responses from those with maybe something to lose if people started looking further afield than the Halifax area.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
He has become a lurker. I suspect that he has stopped posting but is just PM'ing new people in order to get the business and to attract new folk to the North Shore without p***ing everyone else off.

He (ontheboatout) does not need to PM anyone, he is so busy being a successful Realtor covering from Halifax airport and all areas north, but especially the beautiful North Shore and the exclusive Fox Harbr Resort.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad that he has found his path. I would wish anyone well who makes a success of their life by honest means.

I kind of agree that the mere mention of the North Shore bought ridicule by the time he stopped posting, but in all fairness, he was prone to some very bizarre comments which got him something of a reputation.

Your posts on the other hand were generally more tempered and it was unfortunate that you were tarred by the same brush.

I do appreciate that you both have a passion for where you live, but their were times when your partner slated everywhere but the North Shore.

The North Shore is an area of NS that I have yet to explore in detail, but I fully intend to see more of it and I am sure that I will find it to be a beautiful place.

As for PM'ing people, others who have stopped posting but continued to read posts have built up business contacts through PM's when they were stopped from doing it in other ways (I have first hand experience of being approached in this way). When people see ex regular posters who are now in business reading but not posting it does sow the seeds of suspicion.

If my suspicions are wrong and he has just been reading out of interest then I will be happy to apologize for my comment.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

lostandconfused is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rgilbert
Wondering if anyone can recommend a realtor for the Halifax area. ...
We used Dennis Doyle, and could not recommend him highly enough! (http://www.preacanada.com/halifax/do...ent.php?ID=665)

He's a quality guy and - in stark contrast to the estate agents we dealt with in the UK - is completely honest!

He has helped us buy two properties in Dartmouth (one we live in, and one we rent out), both of which weren't even on the market when we got in to see them, so he has good contacts as well!

We didn't know anything about houses/housebuying, but he guided us through the process from start to finish. Top notch really.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am glad that he has found his path. I would wish anyone well who makes a success of their life by honest means.

I kind of agree that the mere mention of the North Shore bought ridicule by the time he stopped posting, but in all fairness, he was prone to some very bizarre comments which got him something of a reputation.

Your posts on the other hand were generally more tempered and it was unfortunate that you were tarred by the same brush.

I do appreciate that you both have a passion for where you live, but their were times when your partner slated everywhere but the North Shore.

The North Shore is an area of NS that I have yet to explore in detail, but I fully intend to see more of it and I am sure that I will find it to be a beautiful place.

As for PM'ing people, others who have stopped posting but continued to read posts have built up business contacts through PM's when they were stopped from doing it in other ways (I have first hand experience of being approached in this way). When people see ex regular posters who are now in business reading but not posting it does sow the seeds of suspicion.

If my suspicions are wrong and he has just been reading out of interest then I will be happy to apologize for my comment.
He has not been on this site in quite a while, but I occasionally sign in under his username to see if he has any messages regarding info on the NSNP CI stream, of which he had been spreading the word.

Do you know when you will be moving over? It sounds like the Eastern Shore is also getting known. It is an area I have believed would start to get quite popular. It is very hot here at the moment mid to late 30's. Summer is here at last after quite an unusually long winter.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

We should be here early next month all being well. We have had a much longer than average wait for my WP, but as soon as it comes we will be booking our flights. Glad to hear that the weather is good, I am quite fed up of rain at the moment.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

We should be here early next month all being well. We have had a much longer than average wait for my WP, but as soon as it comes we will be booking our flights. Glad to hear that the weather is good, I am quite fed up of rain at the moment.

Whats up with the WP.....why is it taking so long?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Corky
Whats up with the WP.....why is it taking so long?

Oh I answered my own question.............its government and I bet they are short staffed due to summer holidays. Typical really!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Who knows? There seems to be some delays at the CHC London. I am assured that it is at the final stage of processing and have been told not to ask again (we only asked twice in 6 months - hardly unreasonable).

I am tearing my hair out at the moment as you can see if you read a couple of the WP threads in the immigration section. Everyone assures me that there is no problem with the application but I am still going mad.

We were planning on flying out on 30th July but that flight is full now so we are looking at either 2nd or 6th August.

I just can't wait to be there.