Realistic

Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

nads2184 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Realistic

Good day to you all,

Just a question, I wont go into to much as I have gotten some information already but just needed to flag something.

I have decided to work for a while (working as a nurse 6 months post reg) for about 5 year just really to save some money.

Would it be realistic to apply between 1-2 years exp to the province of my choice BC hoping that I could do all the requirements so that I could leave in 5 years time... Things might change But in case that dont to dramactically

Many thanks
Nadine
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realistic

Originally Posted by nads2184
Good day to you all,

Just a question, I wont go into to much as I have gotten some information already but just needed to flag something.

I have decided to work for a while (working as a nurse 6 months post reg) for about 5 year just really to save some money.

Would it be realistic to apply between 1-2 years exp to the province of my choice BC hoping that I could do all the requirements so that I could leave in 5 years time... Things might change But in case that dont to dramactically

Many thanks
Nadine
If you don't want to move here for 5 years, it would be pointless applying for anything now. Wait until a year before you want o move and apply then. I doubt anyone would entertain an application once you told them you had no immediate plans to move.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
If you don't want to move here for 5 years, it would be pointless applying for anything now. Wait until a year before you want o move and apply then. I doubt anyone would entertain an application once you told them you had no immediate plans to move.
It was marely to save as much as I could, If I could start applying next year I would.. with the intention of everything being succesfull it would be about 2 years from now. I was giving myself enough funds to enter with, if I had not got a job staright away and as I am bringing my 5 year old I would need suffcient funds.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good day to you all,

Many thanks
Nadine
Not sure if this is the answer to the question you are asking or not, but you cant apply based on qualification / experience that you will have when finally approved, you have to have them at the time you apply.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
Not sure if this is the answer to the question you are asking or not, but you cant apply based on qualification / experience that you will have when finally approved, you have to have them at the time you apply.
I know, and understand what you are saying. I just wanted to get a time frame which would be suitable financial wise. There no garuntee I'd still be in nursing in the next 5 years let alone 1 years but I do hope so. I like to plan stuff as I would hate for it to go wrong because I didnt wait/ or reseach enough.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 6:01 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Good day to you all,

Many thanks
Nadine
Which requirements? Apply to whom? Do you mean applying to get your credentials as a nurse recognised in BC? If so then you need to get your work experience and courses completed before you can get BC registration and then once you have that you can apply for work.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Which requirements? Apply to whom? Do you mean applying to get your credentials as a nurse recognised in BC? If so then you need to get your work experience and courses completed before you can get BC registration and then once you have that you can apply for work.
However nobody is going to hold a job open for two or three years, so no point in applying for work several years ahead.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 8:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You also have to show proof of funds at the time of applying as well as at landing, unless you have arranged employment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

Whilst the minimum at the present time is $13, 837 I would double that amount at a minimum, to give yourself some leeway.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't yet applied to the college of RN I would suggest getting that started as that alone can take over 12 months as a rough guide and will probably have to do some form of assessment
Old Nov 7th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
If you haven't yet applied to the college of RN I would suggest getting that started as that alone can take over 12 months as a rough guide and will probably have to do some form of assessment
Very much this! 11 months from when the wife applied to her assessment, then another month or so for the results, then any extra training/hours, then apply for the next crne exam (only every 6 months I think?)... In the end it is at least 18months I would guess and if you have to do extra training then add that time on!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 11:31 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
However nobody is going to hold a job open for two or three years, so no point in applying for work several years ahead.
I know, you said that before. I was stressing the need to get the assessment and registration done before they could even apply for any work.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Currently CRNE is held 3 times a year, feb, Jun and Oct although come 2014 it changes and think it will be held more frequently with a similar format to the US NCLEX