Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The real cost of immigrating...

Wikiposts

The real cost of immigrating...

Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The real cost of immigrating...

Originally Posted by NSpaul
If all you own is a load of old junk then perhaps you are better off selling it and buying new
No, no, it's the old junk you should bring. Who wants to spend their days and money in a new country searching out potatoe peelers, dustbins and dishracks? If you use an object but never think about it and can't remember how you got it in the first place, that should go in the container.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
No, no, it's the old junk you should bring. Who wants to spend their days and money in a new country searching out potatoe peelers, dustbins and dishracks? If you use an object but never think about it and can't remember how you got it in the first place, that should go in the container.
Wot like this, I think it's a testicle scratcher.
Attached Thumbnails The real cost of immigrating...-object.jpg  
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Wot like this, I think it's a testicle scratcher.

We have one of those. I was chastised for thrusting it into my trousers. It has moved from NC to UT to CO to MN to CO to ON and several times within CO and ON. I'm so glad we haven't had to waste a morning trying find another one as I expect they're metric here and don't fit properly.

Oh, bring your bathroom scales, they're mostly in pounds here and it's a bother to divide by 14 to find out if you've gained weight.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:09 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

We have one of those. I was chastised for thrusting it into my trousers. It has moved from NC to UT to CO to MN to CO to ON and several times within CO and ON. I'm so glad we haven't had to waste a morning trying find another one as I expect they're metric here and don't fit properly.

Oh, bring your bathroom scales, they're mostly in pounds here and it's a bother to divide by 14 to find out if you've gained weight.
We have one of those. We mostly use it for pasta. I found it in the Boy's bedroom this morning. I've rather gone off pasta. Parmesan, certainly.

dbd has imperial testicles? My word.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
We have one of those. We mostly use it for pasta. I found it in the Boy's bedroom this morning. I've rather gone off pasta. Parmesan, certainly.

Oh is that what it's for, pasta. We have 2 of them for some reason, I thought my wife bought one for each ball. I'd better put them back in the kitchen utensil drawer, I'll wash them first of course.

Imperial testicles, sounds really royal, "The king's imperial testicles will be on show to the public from 2pm" sort of thing.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by steve666
Oh is that what it's for, pasta. We have 2 of them for some reason, I thought my wife bought one for each ball. I'd better put them back in the kitchen utensil drawer, I'll wash them first of course.

Imperial testicles, sounds really royal, "The king's imperial testicles will be on show to the public from 2pm" sort of thing.
<ponders posting a picture>

<thinks the better of it>
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

you guys are funny...
LOAFY...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:36 am

<breathes a sigh of relief>
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:39 am

On reflection, are we talking an existing photo, or were you planning to take one just for us?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

On reflection, are we talking an existing photo, or were you planning to take one just for us?
I was just going to use one of the ones I have on this machine.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:50 am

I was just going to use one of the ones I have on this machine.
<phones RCMP>
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:55 am
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

dbd has imperial everything, and dont you dare suggest otherwise!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:03 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

<phones RCMP>
Quite possible RCMP already monitoring this site.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:06 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Quite possible RCMP already monitoring this site.
They'll doubtless have some whine about my weighing them in pounds.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:09 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

They'll doubtless have some whine about my weighing them in pounds.
I doubt they could care how you measure or weigh them.

They could be more concerned with the pics. Mind they may have already looked a decided they were trifling and not worthy of further investigation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.