Reload this Page >

Re: Calgary Recce Trip

Re: Calgary Recce Trip

Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

heatherg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calgary Recce Trip

Originally Posted by jugapper
Discussion thread for Calgary Recce Trip. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Hi my name is heather
Ihope this is the write the forum to put this in.
I am a nurse and my husband is a policeman we are thinknig about emigrating to canada.
We are visting bannf in february and we are hoping to vist calgary to see potential job places however we are both finding this difficult at the moment so any help would be appreciated.
Also we live in a little village at the moment and we wouldnt want to move ot the city so can anyone suggest wher would be nice to live

thanks
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

R_AWhite is an unknown quantity at this point

We also live in a village at the moment but we are thinking of moving into Calgary. If you haven't been to Canada b4 the Cities are different to the cities in England, LOADS more space, but there are plenty of small towns/villages just out side of Calgary, alot of houses are spread out in the country side they probabily have no greenbelt?
Have you contacted any of the Immergration agents / Real estate agents, they may help with job interviews and other stuff, but I think they would like you to buy a house through them if you settle in Canada, I expect some are on this site, so they may contact you.
Hope that helps
R White.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:33 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Calgary Recce Trip

Okotoks........just outside Calgary......lovely place and they have quite a few English now Canadian policeforce and their families i believe. I personally would Google it and see what you think
Old Dec 31st 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

We are both ex UK Police living in Okotoks just outside Calgary. Like you we were from a small town in the UK and didn't want to live in a big city. Okotoks has been great to us and we are very happy here. You could also consider Cochrane to the North and High River further South or Chestermere to the East. Please feel free to come and meet us when you visit in February and we will gladly show you round Okotoks, we could even meet you at Banff as we Ski most weekends (not very well). Regards Samantha
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi heatherg (and R_AWhite),

Welcome to BE. Lots of support and advice to be found for you on this forum as you've already seen from the helpful responses from the various respondents. We live in Okotoks and work out of High River (south of Okotoks) and funnily enough, just came back from a trip to Banff and Lake Louise. Just beautiful up there at this time of year (or any time).

Our blogs (links below) will give you a good little taste of life out this way and up in the Rockies. We're happy to help anyone moving or thinking of moving over here, house-buyers or otherwise (Eamonn being one of the Realtors that R_AWhite mentioned). Drop us a line if you have specifics you want to discuss or if you just want to chat.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by heatherg
Hi my name is heather
Ihope this is the write the forum to put this in.
I am a nurse and my husband is a policeman so any help would be appreciated.
Heatherg welcome to this brilliant site. I have sent you an email. catch up soon.

Ali-Simon