Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

Old Apr 5th 2013, 3:41 pm
Calgary Since Sep 2011

Picklepopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

We used Brazolot migration to help us arrange our PR to Canada based on the FSW category. we started our proces in 2009. This cost us £5000! when you're inexperienced in immigation laws and procedures you expect this to fee to make sure that every possible bit of paperwork is correctly completed and that its almost a certainty that you get in without a hitch.

I was told and reassured that there was absolutely no way i could be refused with my 10 years plus of welding and manufacturing experience and qualifications. in April last 2012 I was refused due to not submitting enough evidence to support my claim - again the paperwork submitted was deemed more than sufficient by BMG.

We were then told for another $3500 CAD, BMG would appeal for us!! we decided we had been lied and decieved to enough and asked for a refund. This was met with "you signed a contract. We don't gaurentee success - no refunds" not even the $1400 fees that we paid to CIC.

Brazolot Migration are not recommended by me to do any immigration work for anyone - please pass this on.

We applied for work permits as a parallel to PR application and moved to Calgary 2011 anyway. We have now reapplied under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program AINP in Oct 2012, for which we are about to have our medicals.

Apply yourself, its not hard to do, you need to be thorough and pay attention as there is a lot to do and collect. An agency will just fill in forms you can do and request that you do the rest of the work anyway.

Good luck
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Interesting to hear about your experience with Brazolot. I understand that they can't guarantee your application is successful but if they've reviewed it to say that the evidence provided is sufficient but CIC reject it on those grounds then surely a refund is due? That's appalling.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:49 am
Just Joined

outwardbound2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in the same position as you gb_griffiths, we engaged a lawyer in Jan to help us prepare for the May 4th deadline, and then came the announcement that there will be an occupation list. We're carrying on preparing just in case, however we think unlikely that we'll be on the list, which is incredibly frustrating given the money we've spent to date on getting everything ready.

We've used Abrams and Krochak in Toronto and so far they've been helpful, I'm pretty sure we could have managed on our own, but we want the security of knowing that we've crossed all the t's and dotted the appropriate i's. They picked up a couple of minor points on the forms we'd completed, whether that would have made a difference in the application is impossible to say, but at least we know they are correct.

Fingers crossed we're on the list and its not a big old waste of time and money!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:01 pm
Calgary Since Sep 2011

When you first read an immigration consultant contract, you don't expect to be subjected to 'no refund' sections when you spend such a large amount of money. Immigration consultants are at the end of the day in the business of making money like all of us. Also the fact also exists that the odd one is no better than a used car salesman.

I was also advised at the time of my refusal (again by BMG) there was such a backlog of applications, and a lack of FSW PR VISA places available, CIC were having to refuse people who were perfectly qualified/experienced for acceptance. True or not, I found that hard to believe.

Brazolot's involvement in court cases irrespective of immigartion issues was also a huge influence in not continuing to use his services.

Having to accept that I had paid so much money to BMG to find I was back to square one again is difficult but on the other hand its a lesson learned. Its made me be more aware of the immigration system and we are now happily settled in Canada on a two year work permit, albeit still waiting for PR but medicals are now booked and fingers crossed won't be too long.

It is a journey of ups and downs but keep the focus on what you want to achieve.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outwardbound2013
They picked up a couple of minor points on the forms we'd completed
What is with these consultants expecting you to complete your own forms?!? I wonder if that's the same company that gb_griffiths used, as I know he had to do his own too. Very unusual.

Did you have to book your own IELTS and order your own police checks too?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Bingo!
Aha! I wondered if it was an outbreak of companies suddenly expecting clients to do their own forms, am quite relieved to know it's only one of them!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Aha! I wondered if it was an outbreak of companies suddenly expecting clients to do their own forms, am quite relieved to know it's only one of them!
While I've got you Mrs or Miss Massompa could you give me your take on this query re Schedule A Q7:

If I split out the full-time and part-time elements of my ACCA tuition I get two lines in Question 7 which look like this:

Jan 06 - Dec 08 - part time ACCA study blahblah blah (Does this count as 3 years or because it’s part-time should I guestimate the equivalent full time hours?)
Sep 04 - May 05- Full time ACCA study blah bah blah (1x academic year)

What I'm really driving at here is that I need to specify a number of years in the box for "Trade or other post secondary school" (unless someone can tell me why I should put it in the box for "University/college").

The second part of my accountancy education (3 years total) was undertaken on a part time basis (although I practically studied full time at home if I wasn't at college or work). I'm just wondering if the part time aspect of this will cause CIC to consider a claim for four years to be inaccurate or misleading?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
While I;ve got you Mrs or Miss Massompa could you give me your take on this query re Schedule A Q7:

So here's an addendum to the above query:

If I split out the full-time and part-time elements of my ACCA tuition I get two lines in Question 7 which look like this:

Jan 06 - Dec 08 - part time ACCA study blahblah blah (Does this count as 3 years or because it’s part-time should I guestimate the equivalent full time hours?)
Sep 04 - May 05- Full time ACCA study blah bah blah (1x academic year)

What I'm really driving at here is that I need to specify a number of years in the box for "Trade or other post secondary school" (unless someone can tell me why I should put it in the box for "University/college").

The second part of my accountancy education (3 years total) was undertaken on a part time basis (although I practically studied full time at home if I wasn't at college or work). I'm just wondering if the part time aspect of this will cause CIC to consider a claim for four years to be inaccurate or misleading?
For points purposes, you'll only be given what the full-time equivalent was - so for example, if somebody did a part-time degree over 5 years that would normally take 3 years, CIC would only give points for the 3 years.

So if you'd done the course full-time, how long would it have taken? That's what CIC will give you points for, see below from the Operating Manual:

"R 78(1) defines “full-time equivalent” in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis. In these cases, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that would have been required to complete the studies at the time the application is made."

And personally, for an ACCA I'd put it in the uni/college box rather than trade, surely it's a college diploma?

HTH.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:33 pm
Calgary Since Sep 2011

Smile Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

The forms that were filled in by the agent (probably a child just out of middle school) we had to check they were correct. Any mistakes, of which there were plenty, had to be advised by us and then checked again. In the end we did the majority ourselves and sent them back to the agent.

No English test thankfully - what an insult and money grabbing scheme that is!!??
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
No English test thankfully - what an insult and money grabbing scheme that is!!??
CIC don't make any money from it. And you'd be amazed the amount of people who have lived in England for years and yet speak no English, so personally I think it's a good thing CIC have introduced a mandatory test to establish if most immigrants can speak one of the languages of Canada.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No Immigration consultant or lawyer can 100% guarantee you getting a job or PR status within Canada. Some choose to do all the legwork and paperwork themselves others pay for it to be done.
How many people have sought FREE advice from this site from extremely helpful posters who volunteer their time to provide this FREE advice.
Can you imagine what it would be like without sites such as this?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:59 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
The forms that were filled in by the agent (probably a child just out of middle school) we had to check they were correct. Any mistakes, of which there were plenty, had to be advised by us and then checked again. In the end we did the majority ourselves and sent them back to the agent.

Im curious but won't you need to take the test if you decide to apply for PR status?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Im curious but won't you need to take the test if you decide to apply for PR status?
Now you do, previously you could self declare that you received your schooling in English and it was accepted. The problem was applicants would show up to interviews where they claimed they had high efficiency in English, but required an interpreter.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Yup - they will!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
For points purposes, you'll only be given what the full-time equivalent was - so for example, if somebody did a part-time degree over 5 years that would normally take 3 years, CIC would only give points for the 3 years.

So if you'd done the course full-time, how long would it have taken? That's what CIC will give you points for, see below from the Operating

(I have a degree as well so the years are not an issue. It's about getting credit for a second post secondary qualification. The probelm is that the examinations could, in theory be completed in 2 years if you took the maximum available exams at each sitting but hardly anyone does. To qualify you MUST have 36 months of relevant practical accountancy experience)

Manual:

"R 78(1) defines “full-time equivalent” in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis. In these cases, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that would have been required to complete the studies at the time the application is made."

And personally, for an ACCA I'd put it in the uni/college box rather than trade, surely it's a college diploma?

It's a professional accountancy qualification giving me the right to the use the designation 'Chartered Certified Accountant'. Not many people study it at college (you can). More commonly people study it in private colleges in conjunction with professional employment within accountancy and finance.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.